While they don’t get a lot of attention in the cycling world, REI’s house cycling brand Novara has lately been churning out a number of nicely considered and reasonably priced pieces of clothing and gear. Case in point: the $120 Dutchtown jacket.
Built to work both on the bike and in more casual settings, the DWR-coated Dutchtown offers “great protection for riding in some wind and rain” (bonus points for truth in advertising). Discrete reflective logos and roll-down reflective cuffs add a bit of visibility without going full Fred. With the cuffs tucked away, the jacket is more than passable while walking around town. More details and images over the curb…
The Novara Dutchtown bike jacket gives you great protection for riding in some wind and rain. Off your bike, it’s a solid everyday option when you want a good-looking jacket.
- Polyester fabric with a Durable Water Repellent? finish resists water and wind to keep you warm and dry
- Media port lets you conveniently listen to your tunes while you’re walking around town
- Roll-down cuffs with reflective trim keeps you visible in low light
- The Novara Dutchtown bike jacket has 2 front pockets and 1 inside zippered pocket; back zippered pockets securely store your essentials
- Double vent at back hem for ease of movement while riding
- Active fit