- Western North Carolina’s (WNC) Trips for Kids has built the area’s first children’s singletrack mountain bike course (photos above). Using a 34-year old stand of pine, they ended up with a 1/4 mile of multi-use trail that’s designed to get kids on the dirt and fall in love with the sport. The best part? It’s at a middle school, so it can be incorporated into PE. Info here.
- Gene Hamilton’s BetterRide is teaming up with Marla Streb to offer a comprehensive 3 day bike skills progression designed to provide women of all levels a foundation of core skills. Mountain Bike legend Marla Streb will coach alongside Gene Hamilton, passing on the same BetterRide curriculum that got her to the top of the podium on the National, World, and X-Games stage.
- The TN Mountain Bike Cup is bringing short track XC racing to Knoxville for a four-weekend series. No USA Cycling license required, and it’s only $15 for the first race, $5 if you wanna double up. The races start on February 26 and continue for the first three weekends into March, some on Saturdays and some on Sundays.
- Mosaic Cycles is having an open house at the Boulder, CO, facility on Saturday, February 19. Brews provided by Avery Brewing, open to all. 5p to 9p, details here. You’ll get a sneak peek at what they’re bringing to NAHBS, too!
- In Spain, Fiat is now offering Trek e-bikes as loaners while owners’ cars are in the shop. Story here.
- As if the combo of beers and bicycles wasn’t already good enough, Tennessee mountain bikers can now partake of both to help trails, parks and greenways. Tonight (6pm, Friday, Feb 18) at the Land Rover Nashville, you can sample beers from Oskar Blues of Longmont, Colo., New Belgium Brewing Co. of Fort Collins, Colo. and Hamilton Creek Brewery, a Nashville-based brewer and benefit IMBA/SORBA. $25 gets you the beer, appetizers and a souvenir glass!
- The Brushy Mountain Cycling Club has a workday on the 19th (tomorrow) and several more coming up. They’ll be finishing the re-route at Warrior Creek (Wilkesboro, NC, if you’re not familiar), then moving on to other things. BMCC.us for more info and schedule.
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More