- Rapha Cycle Club San Francisco is now open through July 31, and they’re hosting live screenings of the final days of the 2011 giro d’Italia this weekend starting at 6:30am Saturday. They’ve also got some great Gentleman’s and Ladies’ rides starting this weekend.
- Found: Google Books scans of Mountain Bike magazine from 2008 and earlier, and they’re searchable. Click here to see what was cool three or four years ago.
- London school children got to name four sections of the Olympic mountain bike course in Essex following a schools competition. The features on the three mile (5km) course in Hadleigh will be known as Rabbit Hole, Leap of Faith, Deanes Drop and The Breathtaker. Article here.
- Richard Schwin is lined up to present “Schwinn Paramount – Handmade Legend” at the Heartland Velo Show in Madison, WI, this August 27-28. Framebuilding teacher Doug Fattic will host a live brazing demonstration, too, showing dreamers and newbies alike how to build a bicycle.
- Think you’re a pro behind the lens? The Pinkbike Deep Summer Wildcard Search is giving you the chance to compete against five professional action sports photographers at this year’s Kokanee Crankworx in Whistler, BC. Based on a submission of three photos, one photographer will be chosen to compete. Submit your photo entries here by midnight, June 3, 2011.
- Help a kid in need and add to your valuable BMX collection with the Mike Buff I Ride For Tyler Blick eBay Benefit Auctions. Tyler is the son of Steve Blick of Oakley, who is 5 years old and has been diagnosed withLeukemia. Old school BMXer Mike Buff is putting on the auctions starting today and all proceeds will go to help Tyler. Almost all the items are cool old BMX memorabilia that has been signed by guys like Mike Buff, Stu Thomson, Bob Osborn, Bob Haro, Jeff Kosmala, etc.
- The USA Pro Cycling Challenge is inviting sports and cycling fans to create the national and host city commemorative posters for the inaugural international cycling competition August 22-28. Entrants can submit their artwork through the event’s Facebook page now until June 19, 2011. The winners will be announced on July 19, 2011. Click on the Facebook page link for more information and contest rules.
- The second lucky pair of cyclists to be chosen for the Just Be. In Holland. 10-City Bike Tour are well underway on their 10-city tour of Holland. Follow their daily postings on the Holland and KLM FB pages to win daily prizes and a possible grand prize of tickets for 2 to Amsterdam and 3 nights at a hotel. We could all use a free vacation, right!?
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More