- Scott Sports have taken the wraps off the 3rd annual Ride Sun Valley Bike Festival which will take place June 29 – July 6, 2013. The festival will feature 8 days of racing in picturesque Sun Valley, ID capped off by the new Sun Valley Super Enduro which will feature over 11,000 feet of descending in two days! The race will consist of four different downhill stages and one bike park stage to test riders of all styles. Registration for the Super Enduro opens at 8:00 pm MST Wednesday February 13, 2013 and will be capped at 250 racers. Registration can be found at Athlete 360 For more details on registration, events, course maps, and other information about Ride Sun Valley, visit www.ridesunvalley.com.
- GoPro has entered into a long-term partnership with the Vail Valley Foundation placing GoPro as the title sponsor of the Summer Mountain Games, ending the games’ sponsorship by Teva. The 2013 Summer GoPro Mountain Games will be held on June 6-9.
- The League of American Bicyclist is hosting the second National Women’s Bicycling Forum in less than three weeks. Among the presenters will be Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), NYC Transportation Commissioner Janette Sadik-Khan, industry trailblazer Georgena Terry, mountain bike legend Jacquie Phelan. Stepping up from a single two hour discussion in 2012, the 2013 event will span a full day with 30 different speakers. Female cyclists across the nation are encouraged to Sign up and join in.
- Yakima “declares its love” for Leave No Trace. Announced on Valentine’s day – hence the love part, Yakima has announced their new partnership with the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics. Leave No Trace is a non-profit that teaches people how to enjoy the outdoors without messing it up by leaving energy gel wrappers littering the trail, among other things. Yakima will be outfitting five Subarus with Yakima products as official Yakima/Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers. The trainers will conduct hands-on educational workshops across the country.
- BMC has launched a new Digital magazine called Tempo. The magazine will focus on all things BMC as well as topics beyond bikes and the general cycling community.
- Schwinn is hosting the Perfect Rendezvous competition, offering you the chance to win a Schwinn Ladies’ Rendezvous and a Men’s 4 One One bike in addition to a gift card for you favorite restaurant and pair of movie tickets. To win the perfect date and to let Schwinn do all the work, head on over to Schwinn’s Facebook page through February 28th to share a photo or post about your perfect Rendezvous to be entered to win.
- Cycling culture apparel company Caravan Collective is now offering free shipping worldwide on everything they make.
- The last section of a bicycle trail connecting Pittsburgh to Washington D.C. is set to open on June 15, 2013. There will be a Point Made! ribbon cutting ceremony with a mass bicycle ride to Point State Park to celebrate. The trail will connect with the C&O Towpath at Cumberland, Md creating a nearly continuous 330 mile bike trail from Pittsburgh to our nation’s capital.
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More