- Ride of Silence – On May 20, 2015 at 7:00 PM, the Ride of Silence will begin in North America and roll across the globe. Cyclists will take to the roads in a silent procession to honor cyclists who have been killed or injured while cycling on public roadways. Check with your local cycling groups to see if there will be a Ride of Silence in your town (there are rides in 49 states). rideofsilence.org
- Mammoth Mountain Bike Park Opens May 22nd – Mark your calendar, schedule your tune-up and grab your crew; the Mammoth Mountain Bike Park is set to open for the year on May 22. A number of improvements and events are on tap for the Mammoth Bike Park in 2015, including the USA Cycling Mountain Biking National Championships, which moves to Mammoth this July. Several trail extensions aimed at increasing the connectivity of Mammoth’s trail network are scheduled for completion this summer. Also new this year, the Bike Park Basecamp adjacent to the Gondola at Main Lodge will provide the perfect setting to gather after a ride. With outdoor seating, bike tuning stands, snacks and locally brewed beer available for purchase, it’s an ideal post-ride venue.
- Fundraiser to Support the Wood River Bicycle Coalition – The Wood River Bike Coalition is a non-profit organization located in the Sun Valley, Idaho area. The area was hit hard by a fire two years ago that ruined more than 150 miles of trails in our area so through volunteer trails crews in the spring and early summer were able to log over 1500 volunteer hours last year rebuilding trails close to home. On Saturday August 1st, 2015 they’ll host the Sawtooth Century which has become their biggest fundrasier of the year. For more information on the WRBC visit woodriverbike.org
More news and a chance to win a trip to The Tour after the jump…
- RAAM Cycling Challenge Partners with RaceRite and Trackleaders – RaceRite provides event timing utilizing the race result timing system. Trackleaders is the top domestic provider of live tracking systems. They rely on the SPOT GPS-based technology to provide cost-effective racer tracking. RAAM Executive Director, Rick Boethling says this about the partnership: “Our ability to offer real time racer tracking and results optimizes the fan experience and re-affirms our position as the leading event operators in ultra-endurance bicycle racing.” For more information on the RAAM Challenge Series visit raamchallenge.com.
- California Coast Classic Bike Tour – The 15th annual California Coast Classic Bicycle Tour presented by Amgen, is positioned to sell out with registration numbers breaking historic records. The California Coast Classic Bicycle Tour (CCCBT) is an eight-day, fully supported ride along the scenic Highway One to raise funds for the Arthritis Foundation. The ride begins in San Francisco on September 26 and ends in Los Angeles on October 3. More than 350 riders and volunteers will participate in the 525-mile ride with the goal of raising $1.1 million to support the Arthritis Foundation’s vital research, advocacy and programs for those with arthritis. Find out more information here.
- Ride in the Mavic ‘yellow car’ during the 2015 Tour de France – Imagine being in the Tour de France, following the race in the caravan as the worlds best cyclists climb the famous Col d’Aspin, Col du Tourmalet and finally ending at Cauterets. Mavic would like to make that dream come true and bring you to follow stage 11 in the front seat of the the legendary Mavic ‘yellow car’. You can enter the contest here: MavicTourdeFrance