- UNA PIZZA BIKE SHOW – FEATURING ANTHONY MANGIERI & SEAN WALLING from Baby Blue Film on Vimeo. This is a story about legendary Pizza Chef Anthony Mangieri of Una Pizza Napoletana and handmade steel frame bicycle builder Sean Walling of Soulcraft Bicycles.
Memorial Day Sales
- FitWell Bicycle Company is Having A Sale – Through Friday the 29th, all bikes are 30% off MSRP and you won’t pay shipping. FitWell produces bicycles that offer a great fit, stability and value with a clean aesthetic for riders that just want to go out and ride. Visit fitwellbikes.com to see the great deals no some cool bikes.
- TWIN SIX // MEMORIAL DAY SALE – 16% off all orders under $66 and 26% Off all orders over $66. Sale ends on May 25th at midnight. Visit twinsix.com for the deals.
- Buffalo to Launch Bicycle Ferry – The city of Buffalo’s waterfront improvements continue with the launch of a bicycle ferry. Cyclists and pedestrians will be able to catch a ride (for a buck each way) from the Canalside recreational area to the Outer Harbor and its miles of waterfront trails. The ferry will operate through Labor Day. queencityferry.com
- MTBparks.com Reveals Year’s Best Bike Parks – Riders’ Choice Awards highlight top-five lift-served mountain-bike resorts by region in North America. Go to mtbparks.com for the full list of winners.
- Jenson USA Awarded Bronze Level Bicycle Friendly BusinessSM Status – The League of American Bicyclists has recognized Jenson USA, one of the nation’s largest retailers of bicycles, parts and accessories headquartered in Riverside, CA with a Bronze Level Bicycle Friendly Business (BFBSM) award. “Visionary business leaders are recognizing the real-time and long term impact that a culture of bicycling can create,” said Andy Clarke, President of the League of American Bicyclists. “We applaud businesses for investing in a more sustainable future for the country and a healthier future for their employees through cycling.” To apply or learn more about the free BFB program, visit the League online at bikeleague.org/content/businesses
- Bell Built EAST Voting Continues Through this Weekend – Voting is live on the final segment of the Bell Built trail competition. The winner of the East Coast vote will go up against Exchequer Mountain Bike Park in Mariposa, CA, and Spirit Mountain Bike Park in Duluth, MN for the final $100,000 trail grant. The East Coast voting is between TN, AL, and NC, get to it!
- Lucid Brake to Donate 20% of Pre-Order Sales to Help Fight HIV/AIDS – Until July 2015, LucidBrake (creator of the first smart wireless bike brake light) is donating 20% of every pre-order to AIDS/Lifecycle: Ride to End AIDS, the annual 7-day bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise money and awareness of HIV/AIDS, held May 31-June 6, 2015 aidslifecycle.org.
- PeopleForBikes Supports Mountain Biking Programs Through NICA Partnership – PeopleForBikes has partnered with the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) for the first time to support middle school and high school mountain biking throughout the country. PeopleForBikes will provide NICA with more than $32,000 in cash support during 2015. PeopleForBikes grants and programs bring communities across the country to build and improve bicycle infrastructure projects, including mountain bike trails, bike parks and BMX facilities. For more details on the partnership you can view the official press release.
- A Chance to Ride with Indurain in the Dolomites – Miguel Indurain has joined with inGamba and the hotel LaPerla and will be hosting an inGamba cycling vacation in the Dolomites. It’s an opportunity for fans to ride with Indurain in some amazing terrain, and on roads that he covered en route to winning il Giro d’Italia. But more importantly, it’s a chance to share amazing food and wine and hang out with the only person to ever win le Tour five times consecutively. For more information visit ingamba.pro.