- The Seasons Collection – A multi-media photography collection of adventure sports-driven stories about people who push the limits in pursuit of their passion aka LIFERS. The video highlights all that happened this past week at Windell’s Sports Camp as the team followed Cadence Founder Dustin Klein, Windell’s Sports Camp Director Jamie Weller and legendary action sports photographer Bryce Kanights. You can also watch all of the other video recaps here.
Father’s Day Deals and more after the break…
Father’s Day Deals
- Five Deals For Father’s Day – Deal #2 – Five customers will get a free Pioneer Power Meter upgrade with the purchase of any Ultegra or Dura-Ace complete bike from Franco Bicycles. This offer is limited to the first five purchases, so act fast and PICK YOUR FRANCO HERE!
- Culprit’s Father’s Day Special – Culprit is offering 10% off all bikes from now til June 24th. Use the Discount code. fathersday at the Culprit Store.
Events & Festivals
- The Art of Getting Lost – Industry Nine is back on the road this summer visiting dealers, shop rides, demo events and bike festivals. Summer 2015 Key Events: 6/19-6/21 NEMBA Fest, East Burke VT 7/22-7/26 Colorado Freeride Fest, Winter Park CO 7/31-8/2 Enduro World Series / Big Mountain Enduro, Crested Butte CO 8/7-8/16 Crankworx Whistler, Whistler BC Canada. For riders wanting a more in-depth look at the designer and inspiration behind the graphics, head over to the Storehouse page for a feature on Courtney Carter. Industry Nine gave Courtney full creative control on the project and she conceived not only an exciting graphics package but a photo shoot and feature to highlight the van and her style. To view the full article, visit our Industry Nine Storehouse page For more information on all things I9 visit industry nine.net
- Blue Ridge Battle Pump Track Challenge – The Blue Ridge Battle Pumptrack Challenge presented by Industry Nine starts this weekend (Saturday, June 20th) at I9 HQ in Asheville. The series is a novel mountain/bmx competition format focusing on fun, family and flow. During each round they offer qualifying, transfer rounds, and a best trick competition. Visit the Blue Ridge Battle Pumptrack Challenge Facebook Page for all of the dates and details.
- JACKPOT TOUR – Zéfal launches its new contest! – Get 2 chances a day until June 25th to win VIP tickets to Le Tour de France, signed jerseys by Zéfal’s sponsored teams and many Zéfal products. To enter the contest visit Zéfal’s Facebook Page. For more information on their products visit Zéfal.com
- Dero Releases New Pocket Guide to Bike Parking – Dero’s new Pocket Guide to Bike Parking is a well-designed, easy-to-read resource to help get bike parking right the first time. Learn about what makes a good bike rack, short-term and long-term options, capacity and space use, how to choose a site, installation, and more. This is a great resource for building owners, facility managers, city planners, architects or even the end user, the cyclist. The guide is available as a free download at dero.com.
- Assos Opens Concept Stores – Assos, the pioneer of technologically advanced, design-driven cycling apparel, is honored to announce the opening of three new ProShops across North America with ATA Cycle in Concord, MA, Signature Cycles in Greenwich, CT and West Point Cycles in Vancouver, BC. View the full article on endurancesportswire.com.
- Recycle Energy Gel Pouches and Earn Charity Donations – Now I know what to do with the used GU pouches that I find on the trail thrown their by lazy riders. GU Energy has partnered with recycling pioneer TerraCycle to launch the Performance Nutrition Brigade® sponsored by GU Energy Labs. Athletes can send all GU single-serve packaging to TerraCycle to be recycled. This includes gel, chews, drink packets and pouches. For every two pounds of packets returned, TerraCycle awards points which can be used for charity gifts or converted to cash and donated to the school or non-profit organization of the collector’s choice. The Performance Nutrition Brigade will accept foil packets for any endurance gel food, regardless of brand. Shipping is free and any school, organization, family or individual is welcome to participate. The waste collected will be recycled into new, innovative consumer products ranging from flowerpots to recycling bins to playgrounds.People interested in the Performance Nutrition Brigade® sponsored by GU can sign up for free at terracycle.com.
- Refill Your Used Air Duster Can with a Bicycle Pump – Ok, We know that this isn’t a bike hack but some of you may find this useful. This video shows how to keep that air duster can going with with a a few modifications and a bicycle pump.