- Australian bike site CyclingTips is challenging the rest of the world to ride fifteen hours next week and help your country rack up the most miles, all logged via Strava. Here’s the official blurb: “From Monday, February 25th to Sunday, March 3rd, CyclingTips and Strava are challenging you to lay down a 15 hour week (or more) on the bike. For cyclists in Australia, this is your chance to spice up the February lull. For the rest of the world, this is your chance to get some base miles in before your season begins.” More info here, and get the Strava link here.
- Check out Minneapolis-based cycling publication, Bunyan Velo — a quarterly collection of photographs, essays, and stories about the simple pleasures of traveling by bicycle. The ad-free publication can be accessed in full, online, for free.
- On Macky Franklin’s new Mountain Bike Radio show, “Into Enduro,” Macky interviews JHK and Heather Irmiger about the switch over to enduro from XC, as life in general.
- Sign up now for the National Women’s Bicycling Forum hosted by the League of American Bicyclists on March 4th in Washington, DC. Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), NYC Transportation Commissioner Janette Sadik-Khan, industry trailblazer Georgena Terry, and mountain bike legend Jacquie Phelan will be speaking – so don’t miss it! Register now.
- We’ve already posted the Affinity bikes from Premium Rush here and now they’ve got Kym Perfetto, former messenger and star in the movie, doing an ad for their Kissena here.
- BikeBiz reports that Cervélo co-founder, Gerard Vroomen, has launched 2r – a free cycling magazine for the iPad that focuses on pro racing and it’s politics.
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More