- Bunyan Velo, Issue No. 03: Travels on Two Wheels, is now available online for free.
- The Vermont Mountain Bike Association, Vermont’s statewide advocacy group, is raising money with a raffle for a Santa Cruz Solo/5010 with an XX1 build kit (size Medium). You could win a $7400 bike for the price of a $10 raffle ticket on Oct 12 – you do not need to be present, or a resident of Vermont, to win.
- Registration is open for the6th annual Carolina Century ride on October 19th, a charity ride for MS.
- Registration for the Hincapie Gran Fondo has been extended until October 6th for the October 26th ride near Greenville, SC.
- The Santa Barbara Tour de Cure Women’s Series, a women’s only ride, will be held October 27th with 8mile, 37 mile and 67 mile distances to choose from. Proceeds benefit the American Diabetes Association.
- From Charity of Choice newsletter: On August 31, 2013, U.S. Cycling Hall of Fame member and former Olympian Dale Stetina suffered serious injuries during a training ride resulting from a car-bike collision in Boulder, CO. A campaign has been established to help Dale and his family though this challenging time.
- The Philly Bike Expo is only 6 weeks away! Get your tickets now, or register to exhibit for the Nov. 9-10th event.
- Ruckus Components has a Kickstarter campaign for their Carbon Access Tool – a device for your keys that folds them up swiss-army style in a neat carbon sheath.
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More