- Get ’em started young. Mountain Creek Kid’s Camp this weekend – This Saturday in Vernon, NJ Mountain Creek Bike Park is running their mountain bike Kid’s Camp for your little ripper to work on developing the fundamental skills that build confidence and the ability to have more fun on their bikes. Taught by Kathi Krause, 3x Masters World Downhill Champ there is a half day option for ages 6-9 for just $70 and a full day for 10-15 year olds for $120. They’ve also got 2 more Kid’s Camp dates later in the summer, plus a couple in the early fall. MountainCreekBikePark.com…
- Cycle through MA, CT & RI as part of EnMass – Bringing back their big summer ride in a new format, MassBike has the friendly EnMass event planned for July 30, 2016, in partnership with 7 day tour Cycle Massachusetts. Starting and finishing at Nichols College in Dudley, MA, the routes will hit scenic road and towns through Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island. Riders can find themselves a group to ride with over 66, 44, or 25 mile routes at any pace. Registration is open now at: BikeReg.com.
- Kendal Mountain Festival Presents: Bike Night in Bristol – July 1, 2016 at the Redgrave Theatre join the Kendal Mountain Festival’s upcoming Bike Night in Bristol. The event will be an evening dedicated to the joy of bike adventure and exploration with a stellar line-up of guest speakers and top biking films. Tickets are £18 and available directly from The Redgrave Theatre with more info at: KendalMountainTour.com
- AAA CO to support cyclists on Bike to Work Day – Next Wednesday is Bike to Work Day in Colorado, and their state branch of the Automobile Association of America will be out doling out good will by providing complimentary bicycle roadside assistance. Any rider who runs into trouble while riding and gets stranded can get a lift from AAA Colorado, so long as they are safely accessible from a road. The bike and rider will be picked up and taken to wherever they need to go – work, home or a bike shop… up to 7 miles away. Call 800-AAA-HELP to get a lift. Colorado.AAA.com
- Oskar Blues launches REEBellion at the Ranch sweepstakes – The contest puts a 3 day, 3 night trip up for grabs for a group of 4 to head to the Oskar Blues REEB Ranch in Brevard, NC, plus a custom bike, the chance to race the trails of Pisgah & DuPont, and more. The winner will get a custom REEB Cycles bike and airfare, transport, lodging, and gear for 3 friends to join them at the brewery and prime North Carolina trails. There’s lots of kit to sweeten the pot and loads of riding & events around the brewery. Enter and get more details over at: DraftMag.com/REEBellion.`
- “We’re not dead yet” – Surly – Apparently the rumors of the death of Surly bikes have been greatly exaggerated. Surly recently had some operational issues that had resulted in some lag in product availability. Out of that came chatter that the steel bike company was on a path towards being sold off, shut down, or otherwise left to die. None of that appears to be the case, and their head honcho Paul Zeigle put together a good blog post explain what was going on… SurlyBikes.com