- Beeline Bikes launches Beeline2U Program for small brands – Beeline just announced Beeline2U – a new expansion of their services that allows specialty product brands to access its network of mobile bike shops to use them for fulfillment, taking advantage of Beeline’s customer-oriented approach and ability to work to a precise scheduled appointment system. In the past this has been reserved for a select few higher-volume partners with a technology integration that made it impractical for small companies. What that means for us regular consumers now is that more brands can get access to Beeline delivery including more bike makers, wheel and component manufacturers, and pretty much any other industry company looking to make getting their goods to cyclists more smoothly. Beelinebikes.com
Check out other places to ride, new gear & more after the break…
Where to ride
- Juniors Race Free at Colorado XC State Championships – The headline about sums it up. ColoRADo want more kids to get out and race. They’re essentially just trying to pay it forward a bit through their events. All juniors who preregister for the state championship event in Eagle on June 3 will race for free as a part of the newly launched KIDS RACE FREE program. EagleOutsideFestival.com
- Fyxation’s take on China’s Dockless Bike Share coming to America – The folks over at Fyxation put together a really good long-form story on the changes happening with bike share programs. It looks at how they’re getting easier and easier to use. And they are moving away from a physical docking system. It’s an interesting read for anyone who wants to know more about how Bike Share could come to their city, and how it is getting easier to mange than every before. Fyxation.com
- American Classic Celebrates 35 Years at Sea Otter – Founded by Bill Shook in 1982, American Classic is celebrating 35 years of wheel and component design in the bicycle industry. “I can’t believe it’s been 35 years! The thought of engineering bike parts as career was always an aspiration. It’s been a ‘pinch me’ moment from the beginning, thanks to a lot of people who have there been in support,” Bill quips, “You don’t reach the 35 years as an independent brand without the loyalty of core customers and industry friends, and that’s why we want to celebrate with everyone at the Sea Otter. This is our chance to say thanks.” Celebrations include cake on Saturday April 22, 2017 at 1:00pm at AC booth 213 in the grass area, giveaway t-shirts, discounts and an archive of historical American Classic parts.
- The only hydration spray water bottle by Lunatec – Lunatec (no not lunatic, thank you very much autocorrect) just launched a Kickstarter for their Aquabot Hydration Spray Water Bottle System. It claims tons of uses in outdoor sport. Basically, you can clean yourself and gear, cool down yourself or pets, (somehow still) hydrate, irrigate wounds, and we guess just spray each other? It also can can get a tube accessory to turn a bottle into a hydration bladder.It looks a bit crazy but actually could be pretty useful.