- Ride with Reason, André Greipel & Zwift to fight ALS on Sunday – Ride on Zwift with André Greipel and friends this Sunday, Nov 12 to help raise awareness for ALS research. Greipel (whose mother was diagnosed with ALS a few years back), Marcel Kittel, Marcus Burghardt, Thomas De Gendt, Tomasz Marczyński, and Marcel Sieberg will lead three groups through virtual ride in Zwift’s new Mayan Jungle course. The online rides are free to join, but Zwift is hoping participants will pony up some donations to Greipel’s ALS charity of choice. Sign up at: Zwift.com
Advocacy & Where to ride
- SanDiego’s multi-purpose CX course opens with Clinics & Racing this weekend – The new & first multi-purpose cyclocross course in the San Diego region is set to open Nov 11 at Oceanside’s El Corazon Park with a grand opening event including: a skills and training clinic, singletrack riding & a training race. It starts on Saturday from 9:00am -2:00pm with lot more events and features in the coming months. Check details c/o Source Endurance’s Facebook event and register at BikeReg.com.
Gear & Deals
- Win free Primal kit for life & more in the Shifting Seasons Giveaway – Clothing maker Primal Wear has partnered up with Alchemy, Feedback & Rhino Rack to full outfit one lucky rider with more than $6000 work of gear. There’s a carbon Alchemy Atlas frameset, a Feedback Sports Omnium portable trainer, and a Rhino-Rack Dual Trekker bike rack up for grabs. Plus – yes, you read that right – free Primal cycling kits for life. Enter over at: PrimalWear.com.
- Full Windsor’s Muncher ti multi-utensil, now available – We covered the spork of multi-tools when it was being crowdfunded last year. Well, it made it to reality in the meantime, and is ready to buy for $52.50. If you need a fancy stocking stuffer, head over to: Full-Windsor.com.
- Get sponsored as a Nuun Hydration Ambassador – Nuun has just opened up applications for their annual Ambassador program. Individual athletes looking for a nutrition/hydration deal and willing to represent Nuun while you race, head over to their application form via Facebook. Sign the Clean Sport Collective pledge. And tell Nuun why they should help keep you energized.
- Update your Watteam Powerbeat power meter with new firmware – Watteam just released a firmware update for all Powerbeat users. It gives all of their power meter owners faster response times & slightly upgraded balance tracking for smoother & more consistent data tracking. To update your power meter start up the App and go through these steps. More info at: Watteam.com