Could you handle the 300km gravel Jeroboam Challenge race? – Last year 3T debuted a new ultra-endurance gravel race as part of their Jeroboam Bike Festival weekend. This year it returns Sept 22-23 to Erbusco in the heart of Lombardy, Italy.
The Festival kicks off on Saturday with the start of the full Jeroboam 300 Challenge – mixed surface road & gravel competition through the night of 300 km of alpine trails near lake Garda. If that sounds like too much, maybe try the more manageable Standard 75km that still mixes in the dirt & gravel. Sticking to the road there’s a Magnum 150 Strada and more relaxed Demi 37.5 Social with culinary stops along the way. Early-bird registration for all lengths has just opened now through Apr 10. Or checkout an XPDTN3.Club trip write-up from last year’s race. Jeroboam.bike
Where (else) to ride
- La Fausto Coppi Officine Mattio granfondo this July 8 – 22.3km in length and a max slope of 14%, 1689m of climbing up to a 2481m altitude. That’s the Colle Fauniera, the big highlight mountain of the La Fausto Coppi Officine Mattio, the Italian granfondo starting in Cuneo, Italy this July. The big climb and its super technical alpine descent are part of the full 177km Granfondo (4125m total climbing) or the 111km Mediofondo (2550m of climbing.) Discounted registration is open now until Mar 15, with total entries capped at 2600 riders. FaustoCoppi.net
- Test ride a new mountain bike on YT’s Rolling Circus Tour – Experience a Jeffsy, Capra, or Tues in the wild. YT’s loaded test fleet is hitting the road on a tour of the most popular bike parks and festivals around the world, so you get the chance to test ride their latest bikes, and meet the Goatman. There are too many dates to list, but they’ve already kicked off in Panama, Nepal & Vancouver, next hit Crankworx Rotura (NZL) in mid March, then Sea Otter (CA, USA) and Bike Festival Riva (ITL) in April. Full schedule at: YT-industries.com
Gear & Hot deals!
- Fingerscrossed x Suplest collabo socks – Munich cycling sock brand Fingerscrossed and Swiss cycling shoemaker Suplest have teamed up to make a lightweight durable synthetic pair of cycling socks. Now you can carry over your shoes branding to a pair of socks in black, white, or navy with Fingerscrossed’s signature left foot rivet. Suplest-shop.com
- Fi’zi:k Women’s Day discount valid through Sunday – We saw fi’zi:k’s blanket 30% off discount for women’s gear introduced yesterday for International Women’s Day. You can still save on women-specific saddles, shoes, plus a number of unisex accessories through Mar 11 with discount code “WOMENFIZIK18” at checkout. Fizik.com
- Last Chance to become a 2018 Ellsworth brand Ambassador – Ellsworth Bicycles is seeking new and previous owners to apply for the 2018 Brand Ambassador Program. Unlike previous years which focused on racers and industry employees, the 2018 program has been retooled to focus on grassroots participants who are passionate and active within their mountain biking community. Interested applicants have just until Mar 15 to apply, at: EllsworthBikes.com
- GearJunkie expands, hires from QBP, opening new Denver office – Outdoor industry adventure and gear review site GearJunkie has moved its editorial team to Denver to get them closer to, well… the outdoors. Back at their base in Minneapolis, they’ve also brought on QBP’s previous VP of Marketing Ryan Johnson to lead a new media-focused division of the company.
- Win a Canyon Exceed MTB, a trip to Dolomit Superbike 2018 & Fi’zi:k gear – Fizik have partnered up with Canyon to offer the chance to win a killer trip for 2 with flights, accommodation & entry to this year’s Dolomiti Superbike cross-country race in Italy. The winner will also pedal away with a new Canyon Exceed CF 6.0 Pro Race bike, Fizik Infinito X1 shoes & Tundra saddle, plus Crankbrothers pedals and Conti tires. Enter to win at Quizr.cc until Mar 30.