Like the sequel to the Monkeywrench Gang, Hayduke LVS is the sequel to the Hayduke. We’re talking about the bikes from Esker here, not the books by Edward Abbey. Calling it “the next logical evolution of the most iconic bikepacking bike ever made,” the Esker Hayduke LVS is a very interesting bike with extra-long stays.
As Esker puts it, the Hayduke LVS story starts with Esker Founder, Tim Krueger, making a prototype for himself as his personal adventure bike. As more people saw it over time, it grew in popularity until Esker decided to develop it into an actual model in their lineup.
“We didn’t know if this bike would ever come to market. But judging by how many smiles it has produced recently, we had to show it to the world” – Tim Krueger.
Up front, the Hayduke LVS has the exact same geometry as the original Hayduke. Where things get wild is at the back end with the chainstays stretching to a whopping 600mm. Esker says this not only allows for more rack and storage space, but ends up providing “a super smooth ride, like nothing [they’ve] ever experienced.”
The titanium frame also features their new SRAM UDH compatible Portage Dropout, with external cable routing, a threaded BB, and a 44mm headtube.
- Cold formed titanium frame
- The front of the bike is the same geometry as a Hayduke, suspension corrected for 120mm fork
- 2.8″ tire clearance
- Updated Portage Dropout System with UDH
- 24 accessory mounts on the frame for bolt-on frame bags or anything else!
- Robust 6mm rack mounts
- Custom rack available from Esker. But also compatible with many racks already on the market.
- Frame bag patterns are at Rogue Panda, JPacks, and Cedero
- Portage Dropout with UDH.
- MSRP: $2950 frame only and $4950 for a complete bike
To go along with the Hayduke LVS, Esker will be offering the amusingly named MOLLE Rackwald. Taking a page from the overlapping MOLLE panels, the aluminum rack can fit traditional panniers (two per side) or you can use the MOLLE system to attach endless accessories. With the frame’s 6mm rack mounts, the MOLLE Rackwald is meant for heavy loads up to 100lbs. Each rack is frame-size specific for a direct fit to the Hayduke LVS. You can also mount other racks from Old Man Mountain & Salsa if you prefer.
Check out the link below for more.