Straight from the press release:
Contact: Patti Bonnet, IMBA Events Coordinator
IMBA is currently requesting proposals for hosting the 2010 IMBA World Summit.Ã‚Â IMBA’s biennial summitsÃ‚Â have a proven track record of attracting mountain bike enthusiasts, bike companies and land managing agencies from North America and around the globe.
Hosting the IMBA World Summit will establish your locale as a mountain bike tourism destination. Previous locations include Moab, Utah; Whistler, British Columbia; and Park City, Utah. The ideal location will offer these qualities:
- A major airport within 1.5 hours of driving time.
- Mountain bike trail access within a short distance of conference facilities and lodging.
- A main conference center, capable of handling at least 500 people in one room for keynotes and plenary sessions, as well as seven concurrent sessions of 100 people or more.
- A variety of conveniently located lodging options, such as hotels, rental houses and dormitories.
- Access to an “outdoor classroom” appropriate for teaching trailbuilding techniques (e.g. local trails with the potential for workshops, to be held in partnership with a local land management agency).
- A strong local organization that would be willing to act as a local host and fundraising partner.
Dates are flexible and will be set to maximize good weather in the locale selected. IMBA plans on hosting more than 500 attendees at the 2010 gathering.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for the 2010 IMBA World Summit, pleaseÃ‚Â complete our online surveyÃ‚Â by December 1, 2008.