There is a good chance that by now, many of you are familiar with pedalr – the online marketplace for bikes. If you aren’t familiar with pedalr, think of it as a more elegant Ebay for bikes and people who love bikes. In addition to the marketplace, pedalr also offers a community full of information, links, a blog, and now – the new pedalr store!
Now, before you get your chamois in a bunch, this isn’t just another online discount super store. Instead, the pedalr store will spotlight great companies and offer their wares at full retail. The store will not be replacing the marketplace, rather it adds another option for consumers looking for great products that fit their needs. With the idea to really focus on the products, generally only 8-10 products will be featured at a time, with a shelf life of 2-3 weeks.
Check out the full press release after the break.
Pedalr has been in beta for about a year as a many to many marketplace for all things cycling related new or used. Anyone can set up a profile and sell or buy a goods or products on the site. Over the last year we have watched and learned, looking for a larger opportunity to engage the cycling industry and broader community. The new pedalr store is part of the answer to that question.
What is the pedalr store and why does it matter?
• The pedalr store will feature best in brand items related to urban and cross cycling.
• Items in the store typically will only have a shelf life of 2 to 3 weeks, small limited quantities of really great products and brands. Only 8-10 items will be featured each turn.
• The marketplace will serve as a feeder system, we will select several items each rotation from existing pedalrs, and brands and products outside of the pedalr world as well.
• Other items will be from existing larger and smaller brands in the urban cycling segment.
• Items will be sold at full retail, this is not a discount flash sale, this is a spotlight on great products and the brands, and craftsmen and women behind them.
The Marketplace will continue to exist as it stands, we feel it adds value to the cycling community at large. We encourage shops, manufacturers and individuals to place their items for sale on the site, the best product will be selected and elevated into featured status on the Pedalr Store.
We look forward to partnering with different folks in the cycling industry and giving both the consumer and the manufacturer higher levels of product visibility. Building pedalr has been a labor of love and we are excited about the new direction the site is headed.