Planet Bike’s Spring 2022 line of bike lights is small but comprehensive. With its three new designs, the company provides riders with a 70-lumen tail light, a 120-lumen flexible beam headlight, and a high-end 1500-lumen workhorse healight.
Let’s take a closer look at each model.
Dual Blaze 1500 lumen headlight – MSRP $100
The brand says that the Dual Blaze is its brightest headlight design ever and recommends it for use on paths, roads, and singletrack.
True to its name, the Dual Blaze 1500 lumen bike headlight uses two distinct beams to achieve its huge output. A powerful lithium ion battery makes its incredible 45-hour-max runtime possible.
In terms of adjustability, the light features three static settings and Planet Bike’s Superflash strobe for daytime rides.
Dual Blaze features and specs
- 1500 lumen output
- Up to 45 hours of runtime
- 4 power settings, including Superflash strobe
- Quick Twist bracket handlebar mount
- USB-C charging in 3.5 hours
- IP64 dust- and water-resistant
- 2 high-output Nichia LEDs
- Samsung 5000mAh lithium ion battery
Dual Beamer 120 headlight – MSRP $25
Planet Bike couches its new 120-lumen Dual Beamer as a “super flexible and dependable little light.” Riders can run the twin beams simultaneously or independently, which allows them to control the brightness and beam pattern according to their specific needs.
Dual Beamer features and specs
- 120-lumen output
- Up to 70 hours of runtime
- 4 power settings, including Courtesy mode and Superflash strobe
- A3 cam bracket handlebar mount
- Compact form factor
- IPX4 water-resistant and all-weather ready
- 2 high-output surface mounted LEDs
- 2 AAA batteries
Shiner 70 tail light – MSRP $30
The Shiner 70 tail light is made with extremely high rear visibility in mind. Planet Bike gave the Shiner a linear profile that fits most seat posts, stays, or racks without sticking out.
Made for long, grueling rides, the 70-lumen tail light is both waterproof and runs for a claimed 8 hours on a single charge.
Shiner tail light features and specs
- 70-lumen broad-beam output
- Up to 8 hours of runtime
- 3 light modes
- Rubberized QuickStrap and rack mount included
- USB-micro charging in 2.5 hours
- IP65 waterproof and dust resistant
- 7 LED PB Power Array
- 440 mAh lithium polymer battery
Check out the Dual Blaze, Dual Beam, and Shiner lights on Planet Bike’s website.