Weight weenies rejoice, the new POC Elicit Clarity sunglasses come in at just 23g for a full coverage design with trussed arms.
The weight savings come from a lack of bridge across the top, and by removing material on the arms. Small trusses to maintain rigidity toward the front to keep the lens stable, but they’re thinner and more flexible toward the back. The helps them fit securely yet comfortably.
Fortunately, the weight doesn’t come at the expense of coverage, keeping nearly the same size lens as other models in their Clarity collection.
Those lenses are swappable, too, with a quick snap hinge design they say makes lens changes possible in just seconds. And, the arms can break away in an impact to minimize damage…though, maybe we’d want them to stay on and keep the lens over our eyes?
Combined with their Ventral Lite helmet, POC says the combined helmet plus shades weight is barely over 200g. Here’s the full spec list:
- 23g frameless design and a truss structure on the temples
- Bio-grilamid temples – Lightweight, strong, durable and made from majority renewable sources.
- Snap-in hinges allow very quick and easy lens changes
- Interchangeable nosepiece – Two sizes of nosepiece are provided so each user can find a comfortable fit.
- Clarity lens – Lenses with Clarity technology for sharper vision.
- Curved lens – A continuous, curved lens with chamfers at the edge give exceptional coverage and keep weight low.
- UV400 – Complete UVA and UVB protection.
- Ri-Pel™ – protects from dirt, water, sweat, salt, oil and dust, and makes the lenses easier to keep clean.
- Anti-scratch treatment – Keeps the lenses free from blemishes that affect vision.
- Includes a spare clear lens, hard case, and soft pouch.
They’ll be available in Spring 2022 for $250 and come in Hydrogen White, Uranium Black, Fluorescent Orange, Actinium Pink, Sapphire Purple and Lemon Calcite frame colors. Lens options include Gold, Silver, Define, and Clear.