- Enter a search term, say “Yakima”, and hit return.
- Click the RSS button on the bottom right of the page (this step missing from Wired’s article)
- Copy the resulting URL in your browser’s navigation window.
- Paste it into your favorite RSS reader.
- New posts will pop up in your RSS feed as soon as they’re posted.
How? Ã‚Â Craiglist’s queries are XML enabled, which is what RSS feeds use. Ã‚Â Find what you want quicker, then get back to riding. Ã‚Â This is also a great way to keep a constant search open for hard to find items without having to constantly go to Craigslist.
Downsides: It’ll only let you search one city at a time, and even though nearby items may show up in a Craigslist search, they won’t show up in your RSS feed, so you’d need to set up a separate feed for each city.