Clothing for adventure cycling should have plenty of options. Some prefer the performance and fit of lycra shorts, while others want something with a looser fit. The new ADV line from Specialized offers a bit of both, with a few different options, all tailored for your next great adventure.
Think of the ADV apparel line as a casual twist on the Specialized SWAT integrated storage concept. Even with the casual look though, there is plenty of performance built-in, with everything building off the ADV SWAT bibs.
These can be worn as a liner short or as a stand-alone bib. Most importantly they feature all the comfort and cargo-carrying pockets that have made past SWAT bibs some of our favorites. Like the entire ADV line, these are available for both men and women, the ADV SWAT bibs sell for $180.
• Soft mesh bib uppers provide a comfortable hold and keep your gear secure with three patented hanging SWAT pockets.
• Large side leg pockets made from soft mesh provide ample room to carry cargo.
• Silicone-infused fabric cuff provides a gentle, secure hold on the legs to ensure a shift-free fit.
• Fabric Content: MAIN: Knit 68% Nylon, 32% Elastane; UPPER: Knit 77% Nylon, 23% Spandex
Not into the bib tight with loose shirt look? You can choose from one of two different outer shorts to throw on top. The ADV short is the more casual option of the two with a twill-weave fabric and classic button and zipper fly, plus plenty of pockets for $120.
• Twill-weave fabric has a casual-looking with a durable and technical advantage.
• Two rear pockets, two front pockets, and a secure front pocket provide ample storage room.
• Cut falls above the knee and allows plenty of room to run pads.
• Fabric Content: MAIN: 50% Cotton, 42% Nylon, 8% Spandex; OTHER: 100% Polyester
The ADV Air short on the other hand still has a casual look but is more technical with a single rear pocket, and a cinch buckle upfront. We’re assuming that due to the construction, this will be the lighter short of the two, and sell for $90.
• Back zipper pocket keeps your essentials secure during your ride.
• Large back loop allows you to carry your favorite jacket or vest with you without needing to fill up a pocket.
• Fabric Content: 94% Nylon, 6% Elastane
That same split between ADV and ADV Air applies to the jerseys as well. Only this time, there are three to choose from. The most interesting looks to be the ADV Garment Wash Jersey with its unique style and $100 price tag.
The ADV Air jersey blends casual style with a pocket on the chest and a more approachable $65 price tag.
Then there’s the ADV jersey which is a simple gravel jersey but with merino wool added to the mix and two rear zippered pockets for $85.
• Unique Jersey fit with no front zipper, perfect for transitioning off the Gravel into the café.
• Two rear zipper pockets provide secure storage for small items. • Bottom hem elastic keeps the jersey fit close to the body.
• Fabric Content: Knit 84% Polyester, 11% Wool, 5% Spandex
Round it up with matching accessories including cotton tall socks for $18 and a matching Dri-release Garment Wash Merino neck gaiter for $40.