By now most of you know that Lance’s first big comeback race is Australia’s Tour Down Under, running January 18 – 25, 2009, but there’s plenty more reasons to watch. Ã‚Â Here’s the latest:
- 2008 overall Teams Classifications winner Francaise des Jeux is returning to defend their crown.
- They’re working on U.S. television coverage rights, we’ll keep you posted as to whether you’ll be able to watch the event.
- Team Katusha, the newly-licensed Pro Tour Russian team formerly known as Tinkoff Credit Systems, will be spearheading their TDU effort with Robbie McEwen.
- Also sportin’ a freshly printed Pro Tour Team License, Garmin-Slipstream will be racing undert the management of previous TDU stage-winner Matthew White.
- Other teams confirmed include Rabobank, Astana, Cofidis and Columbia (High Road).
- The Mutual Community Challenge Tour, a pre-TDU recreational ride removed its 5,000 participant cap due to overwhelming early registrations. Ã‚Â Now, apparently, there’s no cap. Ã‚Â So, if you’re attending the TDU, check it out to be part of a five-freakin’-thousand-plus-personÃ‚Â group ride.