Even if ten years from now the current frenzy for enduro racing has completely died, there’s one thing it’ll leave behind as a legacy- the development of more protective trail riding helmets. In a season or two, what we initially called ‘enduro-style’ helmets have all but replaced the XC lids from yesteryear, and they even brought Troy Lee back into the half shell market.
The A1 helmet was greeted with a warm reception, as the stylish lid has already found itself on several industry ‘top ten’ lists. In addition to the numerous stock choices available for 2015, three new limited edition color schemes of the A1 have just been announced. Customers can now get the A1 in Camo desert, Camo Midnight and DRONE Turquoise color schemes alongside the rest of the TLD 2015 Collection. More photos below…
The A1 follows the current enduro-fueled trend of providing plenty of coverage for your skull, especially at the temples and lower cranium. TLD bills the A1 as a multi-use lid for aggressive trail riding, lengthy cross-country loops or dirt jumping.
To accomplish a comfortable fit the A1’s cam-lock adjustable stabilizer can be set in one of three positions that provide 20mm of vertical adjustment. The visor can be adjusted up or down by 25mm to keep the trail within view and the sun out of sight.
• Reinforced polycarbonate shell in-molded with the EPS liner extends down the sides and back of the head for maximum protection and durability
• 8 pressurized intake passages draw in cool air for maximum ventilation
• 8 rear vacuum vortex outlets help exhaust and draw heat from head
• Triple position adjustable retention system allows customized fit for various eyewear, head shape and riding styles
• Single piece, ultra plush, removable and washable comfort liner made of anti-microbial moisture wicking material for a dry, comfortable feel
• Full spectrum adjustable moto inspired visor with anodized aluminum hardware
• Race inspired styling
The limited edition colorways are arriving at dealers now, and come in three sizes- XS/SM, MD/LG, or XL/2XL. The Camo patterns both sell for $165 USD (and come with a TLD helmet bag), and the DRONE Turquoise costs $139.