When it comes to a kitchen in a box, there are a ton of options out there. You can build your own Chuck Box. You can buy a super light kitchen box. Or just search Google for hundreds, if not thousands of options. But if you’re looking for a premium option built specifically for your cargo van, the TK Van Kitchen might be just the ticket.
We should point out that if you’re looking for something a little more affordable, Trail Kitchens has that – from their King Charles Chuck Box ($299) to their TK Camp Kitchen with stove ($899). But if you’re looking for the ultimate all-in-one self contained solution for your van, their TK Van Kitchen is quite a bit more… they start at $2,665.
However, that gets you a modular system with a water system that stays put inside the van, and a Camp Kitchen that is removable to bring outside.
The TK Van Kitchen is available in a driver’s or passenger side configuration which mirrors the set up depending on what side of the van you’re on.
The benefit to the passenger side configuration is that it allow easier access to the plumbing hookups, plus it allows you to use the retractable faucet as an external shower, not to mention the flip down table for outdoor prep. The one drawback is that is obviously blocks part of the doorway.
Each TK Van Kitchen includes a removable Kitchen Pod with a 40,000 BTU 2 burner stove which can run on 1lb propane cylinders, or a bulk tank through a a hose.
- Removable kitchen unit with with expandable worksurfaces.
- Powerful 2-burner stove built in (40,000 BTU/hr).
- Durable aluminum and stainless steel construction.
- Handy utensil drawer w/divider tray.
- Folding lid for quick access to extra counter space.
- 22″ wide stove grate easily fits two large pots.
- Integrated legs built from 6000 series aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Aluminum plating for corner protection and plastic bottom slide rails.
- Spring loaded handles are rattle-free and offset for easy carrying.
- Detent pins securely attach the kitchen pod to the base unit.
- Compatible with 1 lb cylinders or a bulk tank with hose.
With its built in water pump, water filter, water storage, and an optional on-demand water heater ($150), you can have a complete water station in the stand-alone unit. That means hot showers are a possibility, or you can just use the faucet to wash dishes and easily fill your hydration packs, bottles, etc.
- Marine grade water pump delivers household water pressure (50 psi) and water flow (3.5 GPM).
- Combination faucet-shower attachment with 6′ stainless hose is accessible inside and out of the vehicle.
- 0.5 micron carbon block water filter for improving taste and filtering out larger contaminates such as Giardia.
- Quick connect fittings make filling and draining a breeze.
- Flexible food grade water storage provides maximum water capacity with minimum storage volume (28 gal. total). Ability to use an external water source (Jerry can, etc.) as well.
- Sink surface is a solid ¾” hardwood with conversion varnish finish for all skin choices.
- Optional on-demand hot water heater for external mounting (36,000 BTU/hr).
The interior unit can be mounted to the floor with aluminum brackets for L-Track or direct to the floor, and there are other options for specific vans. You have multiple finish options including Baltic Birch, white or brushed composite aluminum, or even bamboo (+$100). You also have the choice of the standard unit, or with the upgraded electrical system with a rechargeable 12V power system for another $260. The Kitchens are designed to fit the Mercedes Sprinter, Dodge and Freightliner Sprinters, Ford Transit and E series vans, Ram Promaster and Chevy Express vans, though you could probably make them fit other vehicles with some work.
- 33.0 x 17.0 x 40.5 (T x D x W, inches) – complete unit
- 21.3 x 16.9 x 28.3 (T x D x W, inches) – removable camp kitchen
- 14 gal. fresh + 14 gal. grey, or 20 gal. fresh only
- Shipping Weight – 147 lbs total plus pallet weight ( approx.187 lbs)