Want to win your custom handmade dream bike – and support a great cause in the process? The Builders for Builders raffle has your name written all over it, benefiting the Sierre Buttes Trail Stewardship program. Don’t sleep on it, because the raffle takes place on June 7, following the SBTS’s “Lost and Found” gravel race in Portola CA.
Builders for Builders raffle benefiting Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship
We all love custom bikes and supporting great causes, so this one is a no-brainer. Builders for Builders gives you a chance to win a killer bike and maintain trails in the Lost Sierra, with a raffle taking place very soon on June 7, 2019.
Our friends at ECHOS Communications are organizing the second annual event, with details below straight from the source.
From ECHOS Communications:
Bikes are at the heart of what we do at ECHOS Communications, and we’re pleased to be able to give back to the cycling community whenever we can. For the second year in a row, ECHOS is shepherding the Builders for Builders raffle, benefiting the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship and funding the amazing work they do. Last year we raised more than $40k for the SBTS. Their work is instrumental in expanding recreational opportunities in Northern California, bringing economic growth to their region through trail construction and maintenance, event promotion, and working with their communities to promote the region as an outdoor destination.
With Builders for Builders, ECHOS brings together five top US bicycle builders to raffle off a custom handmade “dream bike.” The winner will choose their builder, with all the builders joining to support each other in delivering a truly unique bike. The raffle will take place on June 7, following the SBTS’s “Lost and Found” gravel race in Portola CA, where all five builders will be racing the bikes they built for the event, each of which is painted in the colors of the Sierra Buttes.
Tickets are on sale now at https://sierratrails.org/builders-for-builders, and at $10 a ticket it’s an easy way to support a nonprofit making a difference for Northern California, while earning entrants the cheapest chance they’ll ever have to win their dream bike fabricated in the US from carbon fiber, steel or titanium, equipped with components from White Industries and ENVE Composites.
About the Builders:
Argonaut, McGovern, Mosaic, Sklar and Stinner are all known for their exquisite bicycles, which often top out over $10k and feature ride quality and artistic touches unavailable in mass-produced bikes.
- Argonaut is from Bend Oregon. Founder Ben Farver began fabricating steel bikes 10 years ago, shifting to carbon when he realized that he could use new techniques to offer the ride of steel with less weight and better durability.
- McGovern hails from Nevada City in the Sierra, where he began building in carbon and is now also incorporating steel into unique bi-material frames such as his Builders for Builders bike
- Mosaic Cycles celebrates 10 years of excellence in titanium in 2019. With multiple wins at the North American Handbuilt Bicycle Show, they are known for making bikes that look as good as they perform.
- Adam Sklar’s signature swoopy curves are the product of an engineering background, as he looks for new ways to shape frames to deliver smoothness and confident handling. Building in steel and titanium, his newest metal integration is using 3D-printed parts in critical areas.
- Stinner Cycles of Santa Barbara builds businesslike frames where the richness of detail and purposefulness becomes more apparent on closer examination. Also building in both steel and ti, Stinner’s paint schemes are known as some the best in the bike world.