“Inspired by those great men of the salt flats, those men that in the 60s pushed the Land Speed Record from the 300s up towards the 600mph mark in jet-propelled cars built in their sheds. We decided to do what we do: build a bicycle, but this time, in the spirit of those pioneers of speed, build it to see how fast we could go…” – Spindle Productions

12 comments

1. jorge on

Rob…that sounds troubling! hehe

I liked the whole idea of the project, although I’m not to keen on the artsy side of the video…Seems pretty overused these days, but that’s just me. Can’t wait to see the “over 100mph” edit, I’m pretty sure he’s gonna make it!

2. Stefan on

Really cool video. Methinks they should’ve cut down the filming budget to rent a minivan for him to draft behind. If they weren’t planning on doing a proper run its just an exercise in gear-inch calculating.

3. Dave on

Awesome! And I bet if he reversed the gearing, 102 in the back, 13 in the front, he could climb 90° grades. Pretty cool movie too. Hope he breaks 100.

4. caliente on

I love that Rapha got in on it too with the shoe covers.
    Cool video, cool story. I wish it were a little more science and a little less art.

5. Ahram on

Yeah, what’s with all this beautiful filming and artful edits. Someone give me a cellphone cam and some charts I can’t read.

6. filibuster cash on

I think what we’re getting at is this is just an artsy rendering of the same things bored hillbillies have been doing for centuries. The copy even hints at that. If i want to see “British engineering”, I’ll watch the Top Gear guys fail spectacularly and have a laugh at their own expense. All this video–sorry; “edit”–accomplishes is more public onanism. At least this character isn’t from PDX.

7. Muddy Dave on

I don’t think there’s much science in here at all, nor should there be. This is about getting your hands dirty, using the knowledge that is out there and having a go. Slightly eccentric too, another great British trait.

Totally with Rob, Top Gear is an entertainment program for Chavs.

COMMENT HERE: (For best results, log in through Wordpress or your social media account. Anonymous/fake email comments may be unapproved or deleted. ALL first-time commenter's posts are held for moderation. Check our Comment Policy for full details.)