- #OptToRide with Niner This Weekend – It’s always good to go ride, so Niner is telling us to drop the shopping and enjoy the weekend. Then come back on Monday for their Nine Days of Niner, where they’ll share gift ideas perfect for the Niner fans on your list. And on the Ninth Day of Niner, you’ll have a chance to get your hands on the ultimate holiday present when they unwrap a special something that everyone would want under their tree. Until then, #OptToRide this Thanksgiving, enjoy friends, family, food, and get out and Pedal Damn It! Subscribe to the Niner newsletter to get in the loop.
Travel & Stories
- Nodes: Searching for Corridors of Flow – a Mission Workshop Field Test – Mission Workshop sends riders out from time to time on amazing trips to test products, materials, and techniques. And they bring excellent camera crews to capture all the fun and put together reports to make us with we were there. The most recent trip explored the hidden network of trail in the French Hautes-Alpes département. The visuals from the Field Test are stunning, and give a look not only at a beautiful place to ride, but at how they look at testing things like the jackets, shorts, and packs they lugged along. MissionWorkshop.com
- Trek Adds eBikes as a Free Option on their Trips – Trek Travel says they are happy to be one of the first companies to introduce e-bikes as a way to ride longer, farther, and faster than ever before. All bike travelers build unique experiences, and now riders of different abilities can enjoy bike travel together with their new electric assist bike option. Trek Travel will now offer a complimentary upgrade to a Trek XM700+ eBike on a majority of their trips, leveling the field for both amateur and active cyclists. TrekTravel.com
- How To Wear a Cycling Cap – Team Giant-Alpecin riders Luka Mezgec, John Degenkolb and Warren Barguil will set you straight on the secrets of wearing a cycling cap. This simple garment, beautifully marrying form and function, has and will never go out of style. Cap, biretta, petje, casquette, kappe, gorra; in whatever language, these pros love them. Brought to us by the folks at Etxeondo and their Facebook.
- Crankworx goes to Les Gets next Summer – Having hosted five World Cups, numerous French nationals, and a World Championship, Les Gets will join the Crankworx World Tour for 2016. Next June 15-19, Crankworx will show up in France, one week after the resort joins the 11 other connected resorts that host the 80 km Passport du Soleil event. Find out more about the French stop, as well as the opener in Rotura and the BC classic at Crankworx.com.
- Registration Opens December 1 for the 2016 TOUR Transalp – The organizers unveiled the route for the 14th edition of the seven-day road stage race. Up to 1,200 riders, in teams of two, will cover 893km and 19,436 meters of climbing from June 26 to July 2. The amateur classic gets its first start in Austria this year, from Imst, before heading towards the heart of the Italian Dolomites. Through more than 20 Alpine passes and across to the other side, the race takes competitors to its finish in Riva del Garda. Registration goes live on Tuesday. Find out more at TOUR-TransAlp.de.
- See the Cycle Revolution at London’s Design Museum – Brooks England wants to invite us all to the exhibition showing contemporary cycling and its development with traditional bicycles, cycling garments, and accessories. Cycle Revolution looks at cycling subcultures through four ‘tribes’ – High Performers who reach Olympic speeds, Thrill Seekers who take on all terrains, Urban Riders who pedal our cities mile after mile, and Cargo Bikers who transport heavy loads on two wheels. The quintessential models favored by each tribe are displayed, from award winning track bikes to heavy duty freight haulers, as well as outfits and accessories – giving an insight into the motivations, passions and achievements of each. DesignMuseum.org
- Black Friday Through to Cyber Monday – It’s not like anyone is going to forget that it is Black Friday today. While you should probably #OptOutside and go ride a bike, if you are going to shop online you might as well get the deals. We’ve got a mega roundup of the best we’ve found floating around today through Monday, and some even longer. Have a look through our list to make someone on your list happy.
- Shutter Precision Fat Bike Dynamo Hub – Save 10% by pre-ordering SP Dynamo System Shutter Precision 15x150mm fat bike dynamo hub for expected January 2016 delivery. CycleMonkey.com