In the Chinese Zodiac, 2018 is the Year of the Dog. That means that Velo is back with the latest installment to their Chinese Zodiac Collection with a wild looking saddle that certainly begs for attention.
Adorned with a fluffy golden retriever on the nose, and a golden chain on the rear, you’ll also find the year embroidered on the bottom with two bones. Featuring their Prevail Glide+ saddle design, only 1000 of these saddles will be produced with pricing set at $120 when they’re available for sale through the Velo website.
As one of the world’s foremost experts in saddle design and production, Velo is connately improving their saddle designs which often end up on many saddles of other names.
In terms of saddle trends, you’ll start to see more of their Atmos Shaping which tucks the edge of the cover under the shell for a cleaner look that is also water tight. You’ll also see more saddles using their Arctech or Wingbow designs which allow the saddle to flex with your pelvis while pedaling.
Speaking of those new saddles, the new SDG Radar looks to include a lot of those technologies. Designed with the low profile of the Circuit saddle but with more padding, the saddle has a hidden undercut and rails mounted inwards to increase the flex and comfort. Depending on the rails, the saddle will be sold for $40-$210 and will be available in men’s or women’s models.
Not to leave out the kids, SDG has a new Pro Jr. Kit which will stoke out your little one. Sold as an all in one package for $150, the kit includes a Slater handlebar with smaller 19mm diameter bar ends to fit the smaller 25-26mm diameter lock on grips that are included, Slater pedals with replaceable pins, and a Fly Jr. Saddle to cap things off.
- SLATER HANDLEBAR
- Handlebar optimized for 18”-26” Bikes
- 19mm diameter bar ends exclusively fits smaller grips for optimal ergonomics
- 650mm bar width offers ample width for increased bar control
- 6061 Sand Blasted Aluminum
- 31.8mm Clamp
- 15mm Rise
- Weight: 260g
- SLATER JR GRIPS
- 1 Piece, Integrated Lock-On Grip
- Dual Density Design
- Smaller 25-26mm outer diameter with 19mm inner diameter
- 115mm Length
- Tapered and Slotted Core to eliminate slippage
- Plush SDG Icon pattern for superior grip control and vibration dampening
- Weight: 55g
- SHIM KIT
- 4x 19mm-21mm Cockpit shims Easily mount all cockpit controls to SLATER Bar
- Durable and
- lightweight Nylon
- SLATER PEDALS
- 90mm x 90mm Platform
- Cro-Mo Axle
- 6 bottom loading, replaceable steel pins
- Gripper profile for enhanced pedal traction
- Fully sealed and lightweight DU Bushing design
- FLY JR SADDLE
- Industry first junior specific performance saddle
- Anatomically Researched and Designed – Shorter and Narrower than traditional saddle
- 270mm x 122mm
- Slight Rear Rise Design Nose Platform
- Fully Padded with Cordura Sides
- Weight: 270g
Last, but certainly not least, WTB is back with another special edition. As usual, their special editions not only give you a unique saddle but give back to a great cause. This time the 142mm Team Volt saddle benefits the Norcal High School Cycling League which helps to fund the Buddy Newman Scholarship Fund and help cover race entry fees for high school athletes. Only 100 of these saddles were made and the titanium railed saddles sell for $129.95 with a portion of the proceeds going to the Buddy Newman Scholarship Fund.