Since its introduction, the Paul Component Klamper mechanical disc brake has garnered fans among the customer builder, hardtail, cyclocross and gravel crowd. And with January’s introduction of a Campagnolo lever compatible version, Italian road bike fans, too. Now, they’re making it more accessible for modern roadies, CX racers and gravel grinders with the introduction of a flat mount Klamper.
Full metal, made-in-America construction carries over, relying on hardened steel pistons and oversize ball and needle bearings to keep everything running smooth and powerful. We reviewed these last year and were impressed by their power and modulation, and love the ability to independently adjust each pad. The flat mount versions deliver all that, as well as the ability to run long-, short- or Campy arms, so they’ll work with any type and brand of brake lever – drop or flat bar.
- Designed to fit all Flat-Mount Disc Brake Bicycles
- Interchangeable Actuator Arms (Short-Pull, Long-Pull, Campy Pull)
- Machined in Chico, California from American 6061 alloy and heat treated 12L14 Steel
- Tool-free independent pad adjustment, bleed-free cable actuation.
- Available in All-Black, All-Silver, Silver with Orange Pad Adjusters, Black with Orange Pad
- Adjusters, Polished and Limited-Edition Colors
- MSRP: $208/wheel
- Weight: 211g/wheel
- Availability Date: Now
They also have a new Flat Mount Front adapter for $24 (black or silver) or $33 (high polished) that’ll work for 140mm or 160mm rotors.