Kask is launching an all-new off-road helmet, dubbed the Caipi. Featuring generous head coverage, and extended rear section, 250-290-gram weight, and 22 ventilation ports, it’s the new top-end MTB offering for this otherwise road-focused Italian company.
Kask Caipi off-road MTB cycling helmet
Kask is an Italian company that’s largely known for their road and aero helmets – and even snow and equestrian products, too. Their new Caipi helmet is the second offering in their mountain bike line, adding to the Rex helmet. In short, the Caipi is the new top-end model, with lighter weight and more features.
Let’s check out the full specs:
- 290g weight for CPSC version; 250g for non-CPSC
- 22 Ventilation ports
- Generous protection and head coverage
- Thermoformed padding
- Octo Fit adjustment system
- Custom fit divider on strap for optimal fit
- Lightweight polypropylene visor with integrated ventilation
- Complies with EU, US and AUS safety standards
- Available in M (52-58cm) and L (59-62cm) sizes
- Nine colors (Anthracite/Lime, Anthracite/Orange, Black Anthracite, Matt Black, Lime, Orange, Red, Turquoise and White)
Retail price for the new Caipi is set at $169 USD, or €139. Or – if you’re going to be at the upcoming Sea Otter Classic, Kask will have demo helmets available to try during your race. If you hit the podium during the race – you get to keep the helmet!