REPETE teases new bikes with launch party next week – Repete Cycles is living up to their “again & again” name with a complete company reboot, starting afresh with a new line of small batch premium handmade Czech steel bikes. It’s been a few years since we’ve caught up with Repete. But they look to be coming back strong and are inviting anyone in Prague to join them next week on August 1st for the reveal of their latest models…
Repete Cycles are coming back after a period of silence, while they were developing both new bikes & new in-house production, and have a freshly refurbished website teasing what’s to come. We dropped into their Prague workshop for a quick sneak peek at what they are building, but we’ll have to wait a bit longer to get the full details.
Their reconstructed showroom in Prague’s Vinohrady neighborhood will host a release party on Aug 1 – details over on Facebook. What do you get if you come? Beside a number of beers provided by local Czech brewery Chříč (try saying that one!), you’ll be the first to hear about all the new developments, the tech used in their new frame production & the roots of their new bike designs. And of course, both all-new bike models – the Reason road & Verne gravel – will be revealed. With a new focus on building community through adventure rides, exploring by bike & other social gatherings, we expect to see much more from Repete in the near future. Repete.cc
Where pros, future pro & crazy people ride
- YT Mob heads to New Zealend in search of youn talent – ‘Obsession’ is a root of talent in the eyes of the YT Mob. In Episode 2 of their video series searching for new riders, the team heads to Jentree, near Blenheim in New Zealand, with the goal of giving the young riders in the southern hemisphere an opportunity to learn from YT Mob Pro Rider Angel Suarez and also former World Cup Rider Justin Leov. How does obsession play a role when trying to make it to the next level and will the Mob be successful in finding the diamond in the rough? YT-Mob.com
- The Transcontinental Number 7 sets off tomorrow – Let the dot watching begin. No more time for training or route mapping. After months of meticulous planning, the time has come to begin the seventh Transcontinental Race (#TCR7), Europe’s definitive self-supported bike race. The rules are simple. Riders must cycle about 4000km from Burgas on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast to Brest in north west France via four control points: the first just 260km from the start in Bulgaria, the second on a Serbian mountain top, the third in Austria, and the fourth at the iconic Alpe d’Huez in the French Alps. Fizik has partnered with support & has their story. But the serious race tracking and fanbois will head to: Transcontinental.cc
- Peter Sagan grills teammate Daniel Oss for his secrets – It’s more than 15 minutes of Sagan doing a long-form interview of Daniel Oss during some training time in California this past May put together by nutrition sponsor Osmo. It’s pretty short on the corporate-branding and a lot longer on Sagan being Sagan, ribbing his friend and teammate. Find out the insider Bora-Hansgrohe team secrets on wheelie training and The Best Pizza in Italy. You know you want to.
- Trek issues voluntary recall of Kickster balance bike – Apparently, a limited number of these little things were made with a steerer tube clamp that can break if over-torqued. If that clamp breaks, the bars can come off, and the little grom might do some unplanned freestyle. No really, if you have one of these, get it check at your local Trek dealer to make sure your kid doesn’t get hurt. Trek will even give you $20 of store credit for getting it inspected, plus up to $16 more to get your kid a sweet bell. TrekBikes.com
- Blackburn Colorado Trail Giveaway will outfit a lucky rider – This summer, Blackburn are sponsoring a group of 3 riders tackling the Colorado Trail over 21 days. The general gist of their adventure is pretty simple: three friends taking a break from their busy lives to undertake an epic bikepacking adventure along one of the hardest trails in CO, with gear from Blackburn, Marin bikes & Big Agnes. In the spirit of their adventure, one lucky winner will win the set up that these Rangers are riding. Blackburn bikepacking bags, lights, tools & other gear; Big Agnes camping gear, tent & sleeping bag; plus a Marin Pine Mountain bike. The contest ends Aug 1, enter by signing up for their newsletter and giving some Insta-follows.
Gear & deals
- Sweet Arbitrator MIPS is back in limited edition – Sweet Protection’s elusive convertible full-face Arbitrator MIPS helmet is back, and finally available again. But you can only get it in stock in this limited edition Olive Drab, direct from their website. “A two-for-one helmet, with zero compromises given.” The 300€ MIPS protected Arbitrator goes from enduro half-shell to full DH-certified full-face with the removable chin bar. SweetProtection.com
- Book a Campy 12-speed test ride & get a deal -Campagnolo is running a demo program with their dealers , so you get to try their new Movement 12 12-speed groupets in mechanical and/or electronic version. Go to their website and find the nearest participating shops where you can book a bike test. Then post-ride those same participating shops will be able to offer a dedicated offer on packages for the groupset & wheels. 12speed.Campagnolo.com