Looking for a two-person, pitch-anywhere freestanding tent that’s light enough to throw on the bike? The updated Meteor Lite 2 drops a whopping 10oz off the original to come in at just 3lb 5oz (1.5kg) without giving up space or features.
It uses a two-door design with a vestibule off either side when you stake down the fly. The clever attachment points even allow you to partially roll the fly down to give you a view without completely uncovering the tent.
- Fully freestanding for versatile pitch and ease of use
- Full coverage fly with rollback stargazer feature for ventilation and night sky views
- 2-door 2-vestibule design for ease of use and gear storage
- Hubbed pole structure with ridge pole to make vertical side walls
- Prebends for increased internal area at head and feet
- Floor Area: 29.8 ft2 / 2.77 m2
- Peak Height: 41″ / 104.1 cm
- Dimensions (L x W): 84″ x 51″ / 213.36 cm x 129.54 cm
- Packed Size: (L x W): 17.5″ x 6″ x 5″ / 44.5 cm x 15.2 cm x 12.7 cm
- Design Type: Freestanding
It uses DAC Featherlight NSL Aluminum poles with a mix of 30D Nylon Ripstop on the floor with 15D Nylon No-See-Um mesh for the rest. The fly is a lighter weight 20D Nylon Ripstop. Minimum weight is 3 lbs 5 oz (1.5 kg), or 3lb 10oz (1.64kg) with the included carrying bag. Retail price is $369.95, or bump up to a 3-person version for $459.95.