Help Vittoria fight COVID-19, win a World Champ winning mountain bike! – Bergamo, Italy is a major epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic, and also happens to be the heart of the cycling industry in Europe. It is Vittoria’s home too, and they’ve paired up with multi-time mountain bike Italian, European & World champion Dario Acquaroli to step up and give back.
So their “UNITI per Bergamo / UNITED for Bergamo” fundraising campaign is helping the Padana Emergenza ONLUS Association to support the mobile intensive care units in Bergamo. Acquaroli has donated the original Bianchi Reparto Corse hardtail that he rode to a U23 Gold medal in the 1996 Cairns MTB World Championship to be raffled of to one of the supporting donors. Support how ever much you can, starting from 10€ at: WishRaiser.com. Full story at: Vittoria.com
Where to ride… not today, but probably later
- Ride the Fausto Coppi granfondo in 2021 – No big surprise, a lot of summer 2020 Italian gran fondos & cyclo-sportifs are getting called off on account of the ‘Rona. Originally slated for June 28, 2020, organizers of the Fausto Coppi Officine Mattio international granfondo have canceled the event while they focus on addressing the pandemic hitting them hard, right now. But they are staying upbeat, and carrying all registrations this year automatically for next year’s edition on June 27, 2021. In the meantime, they’ve also already donated 3000€ to help out their local hospital and welcome other cyclists to offer any support they can to those in need. FaustoCoppi.net
- Ride the Granfondo Stelvio Santini in 2021, too – The same story hits the storied Stelvio climb. The 2020 Granfondo Stelvio Santini set for June 7 has also been cancelled because of the global health crisis, particularly hard hitting in Italy by the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Athletes that purchased bibs and registered for the cycling event will also be able to use them for the 2021 edition. They are also preparing virtual courses for thos who were planning to come this summer, so you can at least experience it from home. Plus, to support the Bormio & Valtellina areas in tackling the COVID-19 emergency, Santini is donating 5000 of the masks it has been making to the non-profit “Insieme per Vincere” (~Together to Win) organization supporting those seeking healthcare in the region. GranfondoStelvioSantini.com
- Yuba’s ‘Minivan of Cargo Bikes’ just got an electrified turbo boost – Yuba just introduced an all-new Electric Mundo, and took to Facebook Live to share why you should consider making the e-cargo jump. Designed to carry large loads and multiple humans, the chromoly steel Electric Mundo is built tough, and easy to ride. They call it “The Equivalent of a Minivan Loaded with Soccer Kids”, it has one of the highest payload capacities in its class, able to haul up to 3 kiddos, a total payload of 550lb, and all the snacks your kids can spill on it. YubaBikes.com
Where to ride virtually… and WIN prizes!
- Everest on the trainer, online with Gravel Epic this weekend – Gravel Epic had big plans for an international 4-race series this season, but coronavirus had other plans. Rather than sit on their haunches, they’ve decided to “try to do our little part and help”. So as many frontline healthcare workers lack the most basic protection, they started a fund raising effort to buy face masks at a factory in China and give them to a hospital in Barcelona. They’ve made the contacts, and say it will take 2 weeks to deliver them once orders. So… “on Sunday, April 5 a 7:00am Spanish time we will attempt an “everesting” on our home trainer – we are not allowed outside – on the RGT Cycling platform on Mt Ventoux and hope to climb 8848m over the next 16 hours on the trainer. Crazy! I have never done more than 4 hours and that felt like an eternity. We will see if we make it.We will also livestream my tortured face on our YouTube channel.” Gravel Epic set up a fundraising page on GoFundMe and would probably enjoy some company, or at least encouragement & distraction. Sign up to join the ludicrous RGT Group Ride here for free, with more details at: GravelEpic.com
- Ride the SRAM Women’s Tour on Zwift starting this weekend & Win! – Outside racing & group rides may be on hiatus, but there are more and more chances to ride together in side. Whether you’ve been Zwifting for years or are new to the platform, the return of one of SRAM’s favorite events should be fun. Join the SRAM Women’s Tour on Zwift April 6-13 for both challenging and fun rides together with a global cycling community. More than just a chance to ride together, there are prizes for participating in each single stage and you will be entered to win a grand prize SRAM Force eTap AXS group if you complete all stages. Zwift.com
- Climb Brasstown Bald & 8 other iconic US climbs with Wattbike Hub – Wattbike wants to make it easier to explore America even when outside is shutdown. They’ve been adding popular US climbs this winter so you can train from the familiar settings of your pain cave to reach new heights. The first eight went live a few weeks back, and Georigia’s steep Brasstown Bald is now the most recent addition. Wattbike.com
- Win A $12,500 Parlee Speed Mission RZ7 bike in Zwift – Basically, by completing this month’s challenge inside of Zwift, you have the opportunity to win a Parlee RZ7 in real life! Parlee have been working since last fall on a partnership with Zwift to virtually debut their latest aero road bike in-game. And now as many cyclists are already restricted to indoor riding right now, it seems fitting than a new in-game challenge actually gives you a chance to win a real bike for once this all blows over. Partnering with SRAM & ENVE too, the bike up for grabs is pretty killer. Throw your hat in the virtual ring by riding 155mi/250km over on: Zwift.com.