Created, as most of Lindaret’s products do, to solve a problem they had with other parts, their new low profile ti bolts slim down your accessory mounting points.

Designed with an extremely flat 1.75mm thick head, they work with even the shallowest bottle cages. And if you need a super light, aerodynamic way to plug unused frame and fork mounting points so water won’t get in, here ya go. But they’re not for everyone…

lindarets ultra low profile titanium bottle cage mounts shown on carbon fork leg accessory mount bosses

Lindarets says the 2.5mm hex interface is deeper than normal, but doesn’t like to be over torqued or come in contact with worn tools. And they recommend using Ti-prep, copper anti-seize compound, or Di-electric paste to prevent galvanic corrosion in aluminum bosses, too.

lindarets titanium water bottle cage bolts with ultra low profile bolt head in oil slick rainbow anodized colors

If that hasn’t scared you off, this will seal the deal: They weigh just 1.2g each. And they come in three colors – raw titanium, blue, and oil slick rainbow.

Retail is $12.95 for a 4-pack, or $19.95 for an 8-pack. Available now.

Lindarets.com

29 comments

• Marc L on

Greg,
      Thanks for your note! It’s a strong maybe- these were a bit of a lark and the off-black finishing is a bit more involved (and more expensive) than just anodizing. But if these do well, we’ll add a couple of colors.

1. schmamps on

This is nice if you have deep pockets and a taste for bling.

Can’t help but think that the OCD people are just using set screws with blue threadlock or helicopter tape on race day, though.

• Marc L on

Schamps,
      I can confirm a 90+ percent bling content. There is at least one TT frames with dedicated bottle holders that needs low-profile bolts and a handful of cages… but they mostly look cool.

• Huffagnolo SuperMagna on

While I will admit $20 for 8 small bolts is maybe more than one should spend on bottle bolts it is not deep pockets. They are anodized and likely of decent quality knowing the brand and titanium a generally more expensive metal. For a cheap galvanized steel bolt way too much but a nice super low profile and really light ti bolt, not horrible.

I am a hundredaire most days but something like this isn’t a mega killer on the wallet.

• Marc L on

Unfortunately I don’t seen an M4 in the cards: it would require a ridiculously small hex and round out so easily that I’d hate to field them. Will need to think about an M6 though.

2. FrenchPress on

These are awesome! I got little rubber stoppers to fill the un-used holes on my bike and 1st wash, half fell off. Rather have slight and low profile screws. I shall be ordering soon!!!

3. MotoPete on

Please report ALL Tech details on products. M5 x 12 ??? Head diameter?
    Reading the broach is deeper for tool makes my ‘inner techie’ salivate.
    These look real nice! Goons like me may be thinking other uses 🙂

4. Greg on

Thanks for the response, Mark. You are always so good to respond on comments and I appreciate it. I really dig these bolts and will be ordering a raw ti set for a ti frame. On the black carbon fork, black bolts would blend in – which is what I would want them to do (I personally don’t go blingy). I would be willing to pay a modest up-charge. Again, appreciate your response.

• Marc L on

Greg,
      Thanks and good points! Our “Off-Black” (a dark charcoal) tapered head bolts and Ti valve stems really coordinate well with carbon.

We’re trying to get an XX1 copper ano going too, but it’s a fine line: just a volt or so over and you wind up with a weird rose gold from some angles.

5. Charlie on

Is there a reduced torque limit on these bolts? Wall thickness between the internal 2.5mm hex and M5 thread should only be about .5mm which makes me think there’s a chance of the head popping off if people crank them up?

• Marc L on

Charlie,

Yes on both counts: 3Nm is the max torque, but even 2Nm feels like a lot on a 2.5mm hex key. The head strength isn’t an issue so much as what the hex will take without rounding out (or rounding off your tool). But they’re water bottle bolts, so designed with ~1Kg loads in mind. They’re certainly not recommended for use on your stem or to attach a child carrier.

6. Andrew on

They may seem silly to some, but this is exactly what I need to get my Bottle cages to work on my RM Element, where the room for the bottle/cage is tight and the interferance between my cage bolts and my bottle has been giving me headaches! Thanks !!

7. Hexsense on

Nice. Ordered 8 bolts just now.
    Now we have low profile bolts, which bottle cage put the water bottle closest to the frame?

8. David Cham on

Nice just what am after ordered 4×3 for my kona unit don’t use bottle cages nor holdals just after clean look on my steel frame only issue had to order raw as not enough slick oil from the supplier on e-bay..

9. Pawl Bearer on

Hardware stores sell metric M4 & M5 set screws with no head and a recessed allen driver. There is nothing to protrude and they are very easy to install and remove. They plug threaded holes perfectly and a bag is much cheaper than any other “aero” solution. The user has to be smart enough to stop screwing when they are flush and not thread them all the way through to the inside of the tube. A bit of grease on the threads keeps them from corroding or rotating due to vibration.

COMMENT HERE: (For best results, log in through Wordpress or your social media account. Anonymous/fake email comments may be unapproved or deleted. ALL first-time commenter's posts are held for moderation. Check our Comment Policy for full details.)