Aaron Baker was a motocross athlete who was paralyzed in training in 1999. When he crashed, Baker broke cervical vertebras 4, 5 and 6, rendering him quadriplegic. Despite virtually zero chance of regaining any function below the point of injury, Aaron focused his mind and energy on regaining function and now walks intermittently with cane assistance.
Now, he owns and operates an adaptive gym, C.O.R.E., and has built this bad-ass fat trike mountain bike. The official name is Stinger, but Aaron nicknamed it the Honey Badger thanks to the way he rides it – getting nasty over the trail and kicking up on one or two of the three wheels.
Built by Reactive Adaptations, you can check out the details below…
Complete build specs are:
- Rear Tire: 45NRTH Dunderbeist 26 x 4.6″ Fatbike Tire 120tpi Tubeless Folding
- Front Tires: 45NRTH Flowbeist 26 x 4.6″ Fatbike Tire 120tpi
- Rims: Surly Clownshoe rear rim, Surly Marge Lite front Rims
- Spokes: DT Swiss Champion Black
- Front Hubs: DMR 20mm front hubs
- Rear Hub: Hope 190mm
- Shock: Rock Shock RL air shock
- Brakes: Tektro Hydraulic disc brakes, 180mm front wave rotors, 160mm rear wave rotor
- Cassette: Shimano XT 11-36tooth
- Main Crankset: Race Face Evolve
- Shifter/Derailluer: Shimano XT
- Seating: ADI Active Countour Seat Back, ReActive Adaptations custom carbon fiber seat pan
- Powder Coating: Prismatic Kingsport Grey and Misty Midnight by Monument Powder Coating
As a Red Bull Wings For Life Ambassador, Aaron is helping raise money and awareness for spinal cord injury research and cure. The Wings For Life World Run will be held on May 8th in Santa Clarita, CA, as well as in 33 other locations around the world at exactly the same time.