Flats can be a real bummer. Chico, California’s own Dynaplug has been fighting the good fight, combating flat tires for some time, and continues with the releasing of a new all-in-one flat solution. The Dynaplug Air incorporates repair and inflation in a single step, leaving you with an inflated tire and a puncture sealed by a Dynaplug.
These new tools only weigh in at .7 ounces, and Dynaplug calls them the lightest on the market. They’re made right here in the US of A out of 6061 aluminum. There’s even valve core remover built into the tool’s cap, eliminating one more tool you need to carry.
The new Air Tool Cap will come standard with every new Air Tool, and will also be sold separately for $19.99 as a stand-alone upgrade for your existing tools.
How’s it work?
- Insert the repair nozzle into the puncture.
- Open the regulated air valve to achieve the desired pressure.
- Close the valve and remove the tool.
When you remove the tool, the plug stays in place and holds the air while sealing the puncture simultaneously. The kit includes an air hose to add co2 directly to the tire valve so you can use the tool as an inflator only.
The Dynaplug Air is similar in function to the Lezyne Tubeless co2 Blaster, though the Lezyne tool relies on their ‘bacon’ strips, while the Dynaplug uses their classic brass-tipped tire plugs.
Dynaplug Air Features and Retail
Colors: Black, Blue, Red, and Purple (duh)
- Dynaplug Air Tool – compatible with all 12-50g threaded CO2 cartridges
- 4 plugs
- 2ea. 16g CO2
- Air Hose – bonus CO2 inflator hose for non-plugging inflation use
- Valve Core removal machined directly in the tool’s cap (NEW)
- Made In the USA
- Tool Weight: 20.2 G/.71 OZ
- Made from 6061 aluminum with stainless steel repair nozzle