- Xceon has just released their Acouztic MP3 playing flashlight with bicycle handlebar mount. The 170 lumen light stores music and plays through a rear facing tube speaker for ambient music without headphones. Sorta like the Tunebug Shake we reviewed, except it has a light, comes in colors, has a massive run time and costs $139.
- Target has announced that its next designer partnership is with Italian designer Missoni and will include a fashion oriented bicycle to retail around $399. No pics are being released prior to the September 13 debut, but you can check out some other two wheeled fashion collabos here to sate your appetite.
- Küat has created a new “ünite” t-shirt to support victims of the recent tornado in Missouri. Buy one for $20 and proceeds will be donated to Convoy of Hope, the nonprofit that is currently distributing tens of thousands of pounds of food, water and supplies in devastated neighborhoods.
- Kokanee Crankworx has set the dates for next year’s event about a month and a half before the 2011 festival even gets started. Mark you iCals for August 10-19, 2012.
Mountain Biking BC and BC Bike Ride are partnering to give one rider and a friend the ultimate ride of a lifetime. Mountain bikers can enter to win a seven-day epic trip to seven destinations across British Columbia via mountain bike, B.C. Ferries and helicopter to explore the province’s awesome singletrack terrain. Submit your name to Mountain Biking BC or on the Mountain Biking BC Facebook page. Ten people will be randomly chosen from all entries to write a short essay explaining why they are the most deserving to win this once in a lifetime trip. Get your name in by June 26th to be entered.
- Alpine Bike Parks opens their latest creation – Valmont Bike Park – in Boulder, CO, on July 11. Grand opening festivities include pro demos and a bouncy castle for the kids, plus an after party at Green Guru. The park features family trails, cross country trails, cyclocross courses, a slopestyle terrain park, dirt jumps, a dual slalom race course, 2 pump parks, and a paved run bike track.
- Felt is launching a Tri-Centive Bonus plan to specifically target age-group triathletes at both Ironman 70.3 and Kona World Championships. Non-Professional age-group winners will receive an additional $500 and $1000 dollars respectively from Felt.
- Your car commute really is killing you.
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More