- From Cannondale: “We are now down to the final five applicants in the Tour de France/Team Liquigas-Cannondale promotion, with the winner receiving a trip to France for a week to work behind-the-scenes with the team. The final five include: Amy Campbell, Angel Castillo, Gabriel Garcia, Joe Praino, and Derrick Young. Their video entries are now available for fans to vote on by logging onto Cannondale’s and Peloton Magazine’s Facebook pages. Videos and voting capability can be accessed by first liking the page, then clicking the Trip de France icon on the left. Voting runs from now until Friday, June 17th.
- From reader Derrick Young as posted on our FB page: “I saw the Cannondale Trip de France contest FIRST on bikerumor.com and now, I AM A FINALIST!! If I get the most votes I win a trip to the Tour de France with Team Liqiugas-Cannondale. I need your help to get there. Just go to http://on.fb.me/jQpr4b “LIKE” the Cannondale FB page, then “VOTE” for my video (it’s the one on the bottom or the right, easier yet I’m the one riding the Super X) Thanks. And tell your friends.”
- It may cost you $1,000 to participate in Ironman NYC next August. Organizers say the cost of road closures, police and renting barges to transport the racers to the middle of the Hudson for the 2.4 mile swim start. Typical entry fees are around $575. Via Business Insider.
- If you’re a fan of American Pickers like Sweetie is, check out Bicycling Magazine’s interview with avowed bike nerd and co-host Mike Wolfe here.
- Bike Parks BC “Ultimate Summer of Freeride” contest closes June 12 (Sunday). Enter now or forever wish you could have shredded for free this summer. Enter on their website or via Facebook.
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More