- The 3rd Annual Tour of Sufferlandia is on! The Greatest Grand Tour of a Mythical Nation in the Whole Wide World starts January 24th and finishes on February 1st. Taylor Phinney of BMC Pro Cycling Team is the Honorary Starter. Last year’s event had 4,000 participants and raised $65,000 for the Davis Phinney Foundation.
- Tour De Troit is kicking off 2015 with the first of six running and cycling events with the 3rd Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Bike Ride on January 19th. The free, family-friendly ride honors the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and repeats part of the historic 1963 March to Freedom path, which ended with Dr. King’s first delivery of the “I Have A Dream” speech at Cobo Center. Riders can register online by clicking HERE or on-site on Mon., January 19.
- 2015 Xentis wheels are now landed and shipping through Stage-Race. Use coupon code “FreeShip” at checkout for free FedEx shipping in the US and Canada all January long in our online store.
- The 2015 Breck Epic will feature 20 miles of new singletrack. Held this year on August 9-14, the Epic features a unique cloverleaf format; riders to begin and end every stage within Breck’s town limits. With three and 6-day options available, the Epic is also designated as MTB Stage Race World Championships and sends each category winner home with a world champion’s jersey. Interested? Visit www.BreckEpic.com. And bring your big ring. The new official lodging and host property for the Breck Epic is now Beaver Run Resort. The new partnership brings enhanced lodging and dining opportunities for the race community and an incredible base of operations for riders traveling with families.
- Check back with the Friday RoundUp for an announcement regarding the new Outlier Offroad Festival (powered by SRAM) which is slated just after Interbike next September in VAIL. Think something Sea Otter-ish/Crankworx-ey coming your way with long-format XC racing, Enduro, Colorado-style gravel gran fondo and a lift-served consumer demo featuring all of next year’s bikes from the best brands in the biz.
- Now’s your chance to test out some of the best lights in the business. Two Light & Motion demo vans will be criss-crossing the country all year visiting dealers. They’ll be holding clinics on the product line and night-ride and night-run demo events. Visit lightandmotion.com for more information.
- Culprit Cycles is having a special promotion ending on January 3rd, 2015 on many of their demo and complete bikes. Start the new year with a bike custom painted for you! While supplies last. For more information on the deals they’re offering visit their Facebook Page or visit culpritbicycles.com.
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More