- Pikes Peak and the United States Forest Service have announced a Pilot Program to allow unescorted bicycles on the Pikes Peak Highway from September 4 – 30th. Cyclists must fill out a use agreement and liability waiver at the tollgate. Minors must be accompanied by adults. This pilot program will be monitored and will be used for deciding the future of cycling along Pikes Peak, so it is important for cyclists to follow all rules of the road.
- The Third Annual Fall Bike Classic is scheduled for Saturday, September 29th, starting in Bluemont, VA. Riders get to choose from a 35-mile or 50-mile route through the Journey Through Hallowed Ground National Heritage Area in Western Loudoun County, VA. Registration is $50, after Sept. 21st it goes up to $60.
- The Southeast Bike Expo is now open for registration. The event will be held the weekend of February 23rd-24th, at the Georgia International Horse Park in Conyers, GA. Vendors from all branches of the cycling industry will be on hand for the public to test/touch/and ogle their wares on trails and roads surrounding the park. Day passes for the public are available for $5 – prices go up after Oct. 31st. Tent and RV camping is available on site. We’re hoping the weather for this expo is as awesome as it was last year!
- The Hub Cyclery and Nomad Ventures are sponsoring a bike and outdoor gear swap in Idyllwild, CA, September 1st.
- LuckyGunner did some ballistics tests on protective eyewear – including styles many cyclists wear for cycling. The overall message they have to offer about protective eyewear: Plastic gets brittle over time and with sun exposure – even after only one year. So if you’re concerned about protecting those peepers from debris and falls, it might be time for a new pair.
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More