- People For Bikes has teamed up with artist Rene Nascimiento (check out his awesome series of NYC bicycles here) for a national bicycle photo search – the 5 winning photos will be painted by Rene and winners will receive a signed print from the artist among other prizes. Enter and more info here. Submit your photos by March 31st.
- Register and organize your 2013 CycloFemme ride here for the May 12th celebration of women in cycling.
- Don’t forget to check your Magura brakes to see if they’re among the recall of select MT6 and MT8 models.
- Cycology is having an Endless Summer sale of up to 50% off select t-shirts – and they have free shipping! (An “Endless Summer” sale might seem odd to us folks north of the Equator, but the folks at Cycology are in Australia.)
- Rapha is sponsoring a ‘Women’s 100‘ on July 7th to inspire women around the world to ride 100km the same day as the Etape du Tour – the everyday cyclist’s chance to ride a major mountain stage of the 100th edition of the Tour de France.
- The first annual Muir’s Ride to Restore Hetch Hetchy is a fully supported 200 mile ride from San Francisco to Yosemite’s drowned Hetch Hetchy valley that continues the mission started by John Muir over 100 years ago to restore ‘one of nature’s rarest and most precious mountain temples’ and support the campaign to bring the flooded Hetch Hetchy Valley back to life. More information here.
- Revolights is looking for bike shops to stock their rim-illuminating lights. Email them if you’re looking for something unique to stick in the shop window.
- While the video above has nothing to do with the following IMBA news, it’s a cool featurette about building flow trails. Now, here’s the real news:
- The city council of Anniston, AL, home of the Coldwater Mountain trail system, has a bill in the Alabama House of Representatives to allow authorization of Sunday alcohol sales, which the city says will support local mountain bike tourism. Click here to support the city council and prove that beer really does go well
withafter mountain biking. While you’re clicking around, point your cursor here to vote for Coldwater Mountain and Rock Hill (SC) trails in the Bell Built trail grant program, too!
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More