- Stay safe and rep Bikerumor with our custom Crashtag – It’s only been about a week and a half since we introduced you to Crashtag’s laser etched titanium bottle opener and emergency contacts tag. But in that time we’ve gotten our customized tag designed and set up in their shop. Now you too can join us in staying safe with a bit of Bikerumor reader representation out on the road & trail. Order yours over at Crashtag.me/BIRU and crack a cold one open for us for the weekend…
- Watch & Ride the Spring Classics – Cycling tour operator Belgium Bike just sent us an offer to share that would see you head to Belgium to watch the Tour of Flanders and Pari-Roubaix in a week long package deal. For $3300 all-inclusive (that being 30% off of the regular price) riders will watch the pros race, then before the next weekend’s race you’ll get to ride the cobbled Flanders bergs, tour the region including a brewery, then ride the most iconic Roubaix cobbles, before catching the next weekend’s Classic. More details at: Belgiumbike.com and drop an email to them directly if you are interested.
- Train & read up on cycling in Italian – For those of our readers who speak one of the original romantic languages of cycling, we recently met a new friend and cyclist who puts out a broad range of e-books in Italian to help your training on the bike. Get prepared for those classic Giros and Gran Fondos. CiclismoPassione.com
- Obama signs Outdoor REC Act into law – Industry journal BRAIN tipped us off to the fact that President Obama just signed HR 4665, the Outdoor REC Act into law yesterday. The new law tasks the Department of Commerce and federal land managers to collect and share stats on how outdoor recreation, including cycling, impacts the economy in the US. It is seen as a way to help legitimize the impact of road and mountain bikers and can be a stepping stone to improving access for cycling as key to the economy. Congress.gov
Contests & Deals
- 12 Days of State sale – ‘Tis the season for year end deals. State Bicycle Co. is running a different promo everyday as the holidays close in. Today you’ll get 30% off of all of their in stock framesets. Going forward you can see what other deals they have in store. StateBicycle.com
- 12 Days of Hope shopping too – Each day Hope Tech is offering 25% off a different product through their online shop to help you get your last minute presents sorted. Yesterday it was a T-shirt. Today a enduro jersey. Who knows what will be next. Follow on Instagram to keep up, then shop at: HopeTech.com
- End of year deals on Scapin LTD SL & Anouk – Scapin in North America is closing out some of their remaining 2016 framesets. Get 25% off of the in-stock frames. The $3000 LTD SL is now $2350 for frame/fork/headset/seatpost/bi
b/jersey. The $1800 Anoukwill now set you back $1350 including frame/fork/headset. Delivery is also free in the US & Canada. ScapinUSA.com
- Looptworks launches Deluxe Coffee Travel Kit giveaway – Upcycler Looptworks has just kicked off an online giveaway, Have Coffee, Will Travel. At the heart of the package is Looptwork’s Upcycle Coffee Travel Kit – a new, easy-to-carry travel kit with the essentials for brewing a perfect cup, all housed in an upcycled leather carrying case. The package includes coffee making products from Nossa Familia, Monarch Methods, Kleen Kanteen, MSR & Stanley. The contest is open through Thursday, Dec 15, and 3 lucky winners will receive the Coffee Travel Kit Package. To enter, go to Looptworks.com and find out how.
- Win a rim brake steel Genesis Equilibrium Decade – The folks over at Genesis in the UK uncovered a lost medium Genesis Equilibrium Decade with Reynolds 725 tubing, full length mudguards, and a dynamo light that had been packed away with their Christmas decorations. They felt like it should be getting ridden instead of collecting dust, so they are giving it away over Instagram. Like, Comment & Follow to be eligible, with the contest running until Dec 13. Instagram.com/genesisbikesuk