- What is the Yak Ru Enduro? – We’ve just got word of a new 3 day Enduro mountain bike race in Nepal. The Yak Ri has actually been around for three years, but this autumn marks the first time it gets the multi-day enduro format to ride the beautiful, steep, and rugged trails in the Manang region of the Annapurna Conservation Area, Nepal. It is the world’s highest enduro, taking place in one of the most beautiful alpine regions in Asia, and is sure to make for an ultimate riding adventure. The 7-9 predominantly downhill sections that get timed will be ridden blind by all the competitors, so no one will know what’s in store until they get there. Registration for the race is part of an all-inclusive October 7-17 trip, and isn’t cheap at $1800. But man, that looks like a lot of fun. YakRu.com
Check out some places to ride and win new gear after the break…
Where to Ride
- Join the Urban Bike Challenge NYC, a two-wheeled scavenger hunt – Brought to you by Brompton, after successful events in San Fran & LA, the Urban Bike Challenge returns to New York City on July 29th. As a partnership between industry, bike advocates & a bike share program, the event is all about getting as many people as possible in the city on their bikes for fun. Available to everyone on a bike, no matter age or experience, the Challenge is a bike scavenger hunt run via a unique mobile app. Participating in teams of 2-4 cyclists, the challenge is won by the team that scores the most points through the app, by visiting locations, completing tasks, solving clues & more. Check out how to join in and the prizes up for grabs at: Brompton.com
- Bkool Summer camp is under way – OK, this is more how to ride at home, but… The Bkool Summer Cup 2017 has already begun. The biggest virtual cycling competition draws in riders on their trainers worldwide. Coinciding with the Tour, La Vuelta España and other cycling competitions from around the world, riders have the opportunity to measure their strength in the same (virtual) stages as the pros. There’s even a set of mountain bike at triathlon stages. A total of 13 stages distributed throughout the months of July, August and September promise to liven up your indoor training. Prizes will pop up each week to reward riders in each of the weekly rides. Bkool.com
- #WinWithPeter Day 14 – The World Champ may not be in the Tour anymore, but his sponsors still have plenty of goodies to give away. Before he heads to the Tour of Poland to get back on track racing, head over to WinWithPeter.com to get in on the deals. Today is Stage 14 (ha!) and there’s a Bora apron, plus a cycling photo book & recipe book package up for grabs.
- Ride Rapha Rising on Zwift to win – All of July, Rapha is drawing riders into the hills with their Rapha Rising challenge. But you can still stay at home and ride Zwift’s climbs on “The Three Sisters of Watopia” in a virtual Flyweight kit to get in on the competition from the comforts of home. Finish the Zwift mission and you get to keep the virtual kit, plus be entered to win one of three real world Pro Team Flyweight Bundles. Community.Zwift.com