Esker Ride Scholarship wants more mountain bikers to get outside – Esker Cycles’ new ride scholarship program wants to help get you out on the trail. Providing just one perfect applicant with the chance to get a new Esker hardtail, the idea is to support mountain bikers with a vision, whether planning another multi-day adventure or simply dreaming of that first true singletrack experience.
Of course, this isn’t meant to get tons of new people on bikes. But Esker says they recognize that there are still true barriers to entry within our sport, and buying a new bike is a big one. So starting now, this new ongoing scholarship hopes to open up mountain biking a bit, one rider at a time.
Anyone can apply between now and the end of July, telling Esker, “why they think they would be a good fit for the ride scholarship, and what they plan to do with a new Esker hardtail mountain bike”. They say they’re especially encouraging newer riders with a vision, but they really just want to get the ball rolling and help out someone with a passion for mountain biking, adventure, and storytelling.
Up for grabs is either a complete Hayduke or Japhy in the size and color of your choice, for you to expand your mountain biking horizons, and spread the good word. More details and application at: EskerCycles.com
more le (alt) Tour
- Lachlan’s Alt Tour already raises 208,000€ for World Bicycle Relief – We kinda can’t get over how crazy and a little stupid Lachlan Morton’s own self-supported bikepacking Alt Tour de France is. Inspired by the inaugural 1903 TdF, he’s trying to ride every stage and every transfer of the Tour before the peloton, covering a distance of 5,500km and climbing over 65,000 meters in just 23 days. And he’s doing it to raise money to support World Bicycle Relief. Riding in sandals on flat pedals to combat some knee pain, he’s already knocked back 2000km, more than 22,000m of climbing, and raised over two hundred thousand euros. Follow along at: AltTour.EF.com
- Ride your own L’Étape du Tour, in the Czech Republic this time – Sure, Lachlan is riding all the stages in France, but why not try a Tour stage hidden a bit further east in the Czech lands? The regular French L’Étape du Tour where you ride one of the actual race stages couldn’t happen this year because of ongoing COVID restrictions, but the one in Prague is still going ahead. L’Etape Czech Republic by le Tour de France run Aug 28, 2021 from Prague and around Central Bohemia is not just a 130km amateur race, but also a family festival day too. Find out more and register at: LEtapeCzech.cz
Gear & Deals
- Ride with L39ION of LA Rapha kit – After being worn to victory at Tulsa Tough and swapped out for the national bands of the US, Belize, Mexico & more, the 2021 L39ION of Los Angeles team kit is available to cirt-racing & Rapha fans. From men’s & women’s Pro Team bibs, Aero Jerseys & Training Jerseys to simple caps, socks & bottles, there’s something for every fan looking to show their support. Plus, a portion of proceeds from every sale goes straight back into the team to support the L39ION’s next up and comers. Rapha.cc
- Save on Obed bikes for the 4th of July – Obed’s 4th of July Sales Event is here! If your idea of fun is exploration-ready Boundary, or cool city riding with the Borough, or even smashing the trails aboard the Seclud, their Fourth of July Sales Event has you saving around 5% off their already affordable pricing.
- Save 25% off from SH+ sunglasses & helmets – Italian head & eye protection maker SH + is running an exclusive summer sale now on everything except the closeouts in the online outlet shop. Save 25% off your next purchase with discount code: SUMMER25 at: SHplus.it
Where to Ride and Race
- Catch the Canyon CLLCTV team demo touring Europe this summer – Want to try out some Canyon mountain bikes in Europe’s most popular trail centers? The Canyon CLLCTV Sessions event truck is roving through select mountain bike hotspots this summer. The truck is already on its way to the next event locations in Innsbruck, Les Gets, and Winterberg. Find out where they are headed next, and when at: Canyon.com