Win a Niner & Club Ride kit in the Adventure by Bike Spring Giveaway – Take your social distancing to the next level with the Adventure by Bike giveaway. You can get outfitted with almost everything you need to get away, far off from COVID-19 woes, away from the crowds. Jump on a Niner Air 9 mountain bike decked out with all the Blackburn bags you could need, a Lezyne GPS unit paired with front & rear lights, your choice of Zeal Ellume Polarized sunglasses, and Club Ride clothing to keep you looking good! That entire kit and caboodle has a $2900+ value!
Enter over at Club Ride Apparel where you get bonus entry points for subscribing to their mailing list, then sharing & liking on various social media platforms for all the brands involved. It’s open only to US residents, and with just for a week remaining! ClubRideApparel.com
Fundraising & Contests
- Raise money for UNICEF with unique Orbea auction – Orbea and their Euskaltel-Euskadi pro team have teamed up to fundraise for UNICEF. Over on eBay, you can bid of the Euskaltel-Euskadi team-only Orbea Orca OMX & complete race kit from now until April 27. That’s the Basque beauty we saw first in December, and this is your only way to get it. The winning bid will be donated entirely to UNICEF. In addition to the auction, Orbea invites anyone with the means to contribute monetary donations to UNICEF’s cause directly.
Industry News, Prototypes & Gear Deals
- Inspired with FREE “Here’s My Dream Bike” book from Battaglin – Custom Italian bike builder Officina Battaglin is in the eye of the Corona storm. And with such an unsettling start of the cycling season, they are looking to lift cyclists back up. Originally created for customers only, Battaglin is making the book they created of 45 custom bike builds available for free to any cyclist looking for inspiration. To get your free copy of Here’s My Dream Bike, just head over to their website and discover the ‘Italian way’ of building a custom steel dream bike. You only pay the real shipping costs. OfficinaBattaglin.com
- Prototype of next gen RockShox forks? – Looks like Mitch Ropelado and Sam Hill are rock(shock)ing some new hardware. Both recently posted teasers for a new (likely 2021) Blackbox Rockshox fork, albeit with zero details. Considering the bikes they ride (that Nukeproof Mega 290 has 160mm rear travel and typically comes with a 170mm fork), and their riding style, we’re gonna safely bet on long travel, big hit capability. But without any other labeling, the details are anyone’s guesses. Zoom in and you’ll see more angular arch shaping, similar to what’s on the new SID, which suggests there’s more than just internal updates going on. Hmmm…
- Free Restrap Race Musette with multiple bag buys – Remember the new lightweight bikepacking bags from Restrap? Until May 1, if you buy any three of the new Adventure Race bags, Restrap will throw in the tiny, ultralight Adventure Race Musette Bag for FREE to get you race-ready. Just add the 3 bags, then the musette in your choice of 3 colors, and it won’t be added to the total cost of your cart.
Archived & Live Industry Chats
- Some Live, some archived Shimano checks in with the Pros – Bike racing is on hiatus, but the best bike racers in the world are still doing stuff – training, brooding, trying to connect from home. Shimano brings them to us over Facebook & Instagram for a series of live interviews, social media takeovers & archived story-telling sessions. Check in with top road, track, mountain & BMX racers over at the Shimano Road and/or Shimano MTB Facebook pages to keep up to date.
- 3T Tech Talks with Gerard – 3T Tech Talk #1 “A completely different look at tire sizing” is done, but you can still head over and catch up if you missed it. And there will be more to come, too. blog.3T.bike
Are you keeping up with Remote Otter coverage?
- REMOTE OTTER, killer new bikes & tech from our pseudo Sea Otter – Without a proper Sea Otter we made our own remote shoe. It’s been fun and offers a unique look a the latest tech and the brands who create it. Check the highlights in our YouTube feed from: Otso, Stan’s, Industry Nine, Exept, Skratch Labs, Lezyne, Boyd, ENVE, Santa Cruz, Kuat, K-Edge, GU, Rotor, and more added every day. Bikerumor.com/Remote-Otter
Mega COVID-Deals keep coming!
- Like a broken record… Don’t forget about CoronaDays Deals! – As long as there is a global pandemic, there will be cycling companies trying to stay afloat. Help them out by keeping turnover up, with Mega savings. Last week brought $200 off Garmin EDGE, 25% off at REI, up to $100 off from Swift bags, killer wheel deal from Tune, plus more savings on bikes, gadgets, training & more. And we expect to see more coming soon this weekend too. Dig through them all in our CoronaDays Deals roundups.