Ride TR Women’s Weekend East in VT Sept 14-15 – Transition Bikes has just opened registration for their Women’s Weekend in East Burke, VT this September. Hosted by RadicalRootsMTB and Vermont MTB Tours, with coaching from Angi Weston, Ella Mcandrew, Shanna Powell & Sonthy George, it will be a couple of action packed days for women looking to hone their trail riding skills at Kingdom Trails & Burke Mountain Bike Park.
The event is a small group clinic with loads of opportunity to learn, meet new friends, and ride world class trails. The weekend kicks-off with a casual Friday meet-and-greet, followed by two bigs days of coaching, riding & skills training. Transition will have a full demo fleet on site, for free use by the ladies who join.
Get the full details & register while space is still open at: RadicalRootsMTB.com
Where pros, future pro & crazy people ride
- YT Mob World Tour continues searching for riders with Focus – The mental side of racing is essential. Focus and concentration will define how young riders develop their talent and, in the end, how far they go. Episode three “Focus” of the YT Mob World Tour takes a deep dive into the South American downhill scene as the Mob heads to Argentina to search for Young Talent in the Andes.
- Cross is coming, so win some new Silca bar tape – As cyclocross season aprroaches and your dirty ass bar tape needs refreshing, Silca is running a bar wrap contest. Post the sorrowed tale of your nasty, dirty, torn up bar tape and tag them on social media before the end of the weekend, and on Monday CX pro Sophie de Boer will pick the most deserving winner of some new Silca Nastro Piloti bar tape. Info and proper tags over at: Silca.cc
Gear, deals & jobs
- De Marchi recreates one-of-a-kind, once lost Coppi rainbow jersey – In what is something of a wild recreation, Italian cycling clothing icon is bringing back 88-year-old Elda De Marchi to sew a single authentic replica of the jersey made for Fausto Coppi after his 1953 World Championship win. The recreation uses the same materials, colors, dimensions, and original style, and is being actioned off with BlockStar blockchain tech as some mix of old & new, while the original jersey sits enshrined at the Museo Ghisallo. Should you bid on this odd piece of cycling history? Demarchi.com
- Problem Solvers brings Frame Saver under their umbrella – If you have built a steel bike, you probably already know the classic Weigle Frame Saver spray treatment. Well, Problem Solvers has bought the name, formula & inventory earlier this summer. So now it will be even easier to get ahold of with easy distribution through QBP. ProblemSolversBike.com
- Want to work for a cool bike company in Berlin? 8bar is hiring! – If you dream of working in a company passionate about building unique bikes, 8bar keeps growing and needs to find dedicated & equally passionate employees. Check out their latest openings, including: quality control/purchasing, bike mechanics, bike café operator & more. All jobs need some German language skill, but there seems to be ever more openings being posted in English, too. 8bar-bikes.com/jobs