Looking to eek a bit more performance out of their latest cameras, GoPro has just released an update for their HERO4 Black and Silver edition sports cameras.
The update, available through the app on your smartphone or online, adds new settings that allow for more creativity in post-production editing. Things like enhanced slow motion (via higher frame rates), automatic time lapse video creation and auto rotating when using the camera upside down simplify the process of making killer videos…
HERO4 Black and HERO4 Silver
- Time lapse video mode – Capture Time Lapse videos automatically—no post-production needed. Showcase a sunrise, road trip or family gathering as a short, sharable video.
- 30/6 burst photo – Introducing a new way to never miss a moment. Capture 30 photos in 6 seconds—perfect for longer duration fast-action activities like surfing and snowboarding.
- Auto rotate – Automatically adjusts capture orientation to right-side up when the camera is mounted upside down.
- Add HiLight Tags during playback – Now you can mark key moments both while recording video and playing back content on the built-in touch display to quickly find highlights for easy editing and sharing. [HERO4 Black requires LCD Touch BacPac to utilize this feature]
- 720p240 fps video – Record ultra high frame rate video at a staggering 240 frames per second for liquid smooth slow-motion playback
- 2.7K60 fps video – Capture cinematic, high-resolution 2.7K footage at an impressive 60 frames per second