Swiss-based bicycle company by the name of GOrilla Urban Cycling releases their new all-terrain bike the GOAT, and they say it’s specifically designed for “those that want to go everywhere, in every terrain, at any time”. The company specializes in frames and complete bikes for all riders. Their complete bikes focus on a simplistic approach needing very little maintenance.
GOrilla Urban Cycling designs and builds steel frames and complete bikes that they say have “innovative setups and comfortable drive systems for the urban bicycle rider”. The GOAT is manufactured with Columbus Zona tubing and TIG welded in Italy.
The Swiss company seems to have a key focus on the comfort aspect of urban cycling and puts that philosophy into play on all of its bicycles. They use components from many high-end component companies, such as; White Industries, Gilles Berthoud, and MKS Pedals.
They use RAL Colors for the frame finishes, and you can pick and choose how you want your GOAT finished. GOrilla Urban Cycling has a warranty that covers frames for 5 years and parts for 2 years from the original date of purchase… you can read about it here.
If you’d like to individualize your frameset you can reach out to them at email@example.com
GOAT Frameset Features
GOAT Frameset Retail: $1678
- Frameset: Columbus Zona – TIG welded
- Fork: 1″ – dedicated Columbus blades for Disc
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Tire Clearance: 700x38mm w/ fenders, 700x42mm without fenders.
- Rear Spacing: 12x142mm thru-axle
- Front Spacing: 12x100mm thru-axle
- BB: BSA – English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: Flat Mount disc, 140mm or 160mm rotors recommended
- Seatpost size: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm
- Water bottle mounts: Top Downtube and bottom downtube
- Eyelets: seat stay (each two) – bridge – bottom bracket – fork crown – fork blades (each two)
- Rear Brake Routing: Easy internal routing for the rear brake cable in the downtube and external on the chainstay.
- Adapter Eyelets: Downtube for Cable stop 1x and 2x
- Weight frame: 1830g Fork 900g