Well, this is a great piece of news to report. Titanium bike manufacturer Litespeed, just announced their new Flint titanium gravel bike for $3395. The Flint is made right in their Chatanooga, Tennessee facility.
To be clear, that price is not for just a frameset, it’s the price of a complete titanium gravel bike built up with Shimano GRX 600 components.
Let’s get into the details.
Calling the Flint “the sharpest blade in your quiver”, Litespeed says this bike is ready for anything. Whether riding off-road with buddies, race adventures, or bikebacking the Flint is a versatile bike offered in a very economical package.
Featuring a full 3AL/2.5V frame, the Flint is fabricated in their facility in Tennessee. It sports elegant, braceless seat stays allowing for full mud-shedding clearance, clean cable routing, and tire clearance for up to a 48mm tire.
The Frame is also equipped with all of the mounts you might need, for fenders, nutrition, racks, and hydration/storage. Litespeed says that no matter how you pack it down, the Flint stays “stable without sacrificing agility, and moves with ease where you want – when you want”.
You can pick your style as well when ordering the Flint. You can pick from a wide selection of vinyl graphics or even consider etched graphics or ToDize color anodizing upgrade. The choice is yours.
Litespeed Retail and Build Options
The Litespeed Flint is fully customizable when it comes to ordering your own bike. There are many, many options to choose from for drivetrains, 8 to be exact. So, I will keep it simple and pick the popular ones and list them below. Please check here for all of the many different combos you can choose from, go nuts…
- $3395 (Shimano GRX 600 1x build)
- $3895 (Shimano GRX 810 1x build)
- $4645 (Shimano GRX 810 Di2 1x build)
- $4895 (SRAM Force XPLR AXS D2 1x build)
- $2095 (frame and seat collar only)
Litespeed Flint Key Features
- A full 3AL/2.5V frame with frame size-specific tube sets, that are all wall-thickness controlled in-house for consistency and feature zero aluminum inserts
- In-house designed and CNC-machined titanium dropouts, disc brake mount, headtube and bottom bracket for optimized strength-to-weight
- Tire clearance to 48mm
- A dropped drive-side chainstay for improved chainring and tire clearance
- A UDH rear derailleur hanger
- Bosses for three bottles (downtube, seat tube, and downtube underside)
- Geometry with a slightly elongated wheelbase and adjusted stack/reach measure that deliver stability and performance to riders from weekend trail riders to competitive gravel riders
- Boundless options for upgrades, from components and bottom bracket standard to vinyl graphic, etching, or color anodizing
- Flint marks the debut of the new Chameleon blue/green fade color anodizing upgrade option
- Fast lead time, shipping two to three weeks from the date of order
Litespeed Flint Geometry
- XS and S: 80mm
- M and ML: 90mm
- L: 100mm
- XL: 110mm
|A||Top Tube Length||50.3||52.3||54.5||56.8||58.0||60.0|
|B||Head Tube Angle||69.0˚||69.5˚||70.0˚||70.5˚||71.0˚||71.5˚|
|C||Seat Tube Angle||75.0˚||74.5˚||74.0˚||73.5˚||73.5˚||73.0˚|
|D||Seat Tube Length||43.0||44.5||47.0||49.5||52.0||55.0|
|K||Head Tube Length||10.1||11.5||14.1||16.6||19.2||21.4|