Hopefully none of you fellow cyclists are relying on Uncle Sam to bail you out, but I’m sure you’re tired of burning $4.00 gas to get to events. Ã‚Â With that in mind, the kind folks hosting the MTB Oktoberfest are offering you a bailout you can actually use! Ã‚Â And, to top it off, this festival is the NUE final event of the year and has a $2,000 purse plus tons of prizes!
From their website:
Like you, weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re feeling the pinch in the wallet from the Washington/Wall Street circus and the gas pump. We understand and we are with you –who knows what deal theyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll finally come up withÃ¢â‚¬â€we figure we might as well race mountain bikes! So while youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re waiting on Washington, take a break, and take advantage of the National Mountain Bike Oktoberfest. OUR bailout plan makes it a little easier to get here, to stay here, and to enjoy a whole weekend of racing and riding:
- WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢reÃ‚Â freezing registration prices!Ã‚Â The increase was scheduled for October 1, but you can still take advantage of the current feesÃ¢â‚¬â€all the way up to October 17! And donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t forget, the more races you do, the better the priceÃ¢â‚¬â€check outÃ‚Â the grand champion combos.
- Discounted room ratesÃ‚Â at theÃ‚Â Days Inn Cornelius:Ã‚Â Contact the hotel directly at 704-892-9120 to get the Oktoberfest rate of $58.95 per night.Ã‚Â Bike friendly, inexpensive and just a few miles from the race venue.
- BestÃ‚Â breakfast dealÃ‚Â going at theÃ‚Â Egg at Davidson:Ã‚Â Fuel up for SaturdayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s race at the Egg at Davidson.Ã‚Â Your choice of oatmeal or pancakes, plus two eggs, choice of meat, juice and coffee for only $4.50! Check your race packet for directions and a coupon.
- Cheap good tasting micro-beer, organic coffeeÃ‚Â andÃ‚Â good music! WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re hooking up withÃ‚Â Summit CoffeeÃ‚Â in Davidson for a post race party on Saturday night.Ã‚Â $2 brews and live music beats stock watching any day!Ã‚Â
- Free, neutral technical support: provided by the great folks of The Cycle Path and Cool Breeze Cyclery.
- Free demo rides:Ã‚Â check out the latest mountain and road bikes fromCannondale,Ã‚Â Specialized, andÃ‚Â Trek!
Then thereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s always the really cool swag, the free t-shirt, and the chance to win a 5-night stay atÃ‚Â Anse ChastanetÃ‚Â in St. Lucia where you can forget Wall Street and Washington Ã¢â‚¬â€œat least for a little while. Register online atBikeReg.comÃ‚Â today! And everyone who registers receives one raffle ticket for our grand prize trip to Anse Chastanet. Buy additional tickets for just $20 each.