The new SRAM MultiClics remote buttons are another control option in the growing eTap and eTap AXS family of parts. Designed to have a more pronounced tactile “click” than the Blips that launched with the original eTap road groups, they also move the button just off the bar. That should give them a double ergonomic edge over the Blips, no matter what bike you put them on.
The MultiClics plug into all generations of eTap shifters and BlipBoxes, from the original Red eTap group, all the way through the latest Red and Force AXS models, including the new VukaShift AXS 90 aero extensions. Use a BlipBox and you can even pair them with SRAM Eagle AXS mountain bike derailleurs and the Reverb AXS dropper post.
How much? When can I get them? What else?
Here’s the SRAM MultiClics specs, prices and details:
- SRAM MultiClics start shipping in May 2020
- Retail price is $120 for a pair
- Three wire lengths will be offered: 150mm, 450mm & 800mm
- Works with all generations of eTap and eTap AXS products
- Compatible with Red, Force & Eagle groups, plus Reverb AXS
- Plugs into road shifters and BlipBox, but not Eagle AXS shifters
The clicker part is attached to a rounded, flexible platform designed to conform to the diameter of most handlebars, bullhorns and aero bars. Just plug them in and wrap the bar tape over them to install.
The Blips will continue to be offered, so the MultiClics do not replace the Blips, only add another option to their collection.